Add a string variable
This is a standard text string or a custom series of alphabetical, numerical, and symbolic characters. Its size is limited only by available system resources.
Add a string variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a string variable to an Update Data data action. For example,
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select String.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the value from literal mode, type the string inline.
- To set the value using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.