Add a user variable
This variable is a user type that Architect associates with configured users. In Architect, choose this type from a list box. From the user value, you can retrieve user-related information such as ID or username string values.
In a task sequence, you can add a user variable to an Update Data data action. For example, to an agent assigned to a specific account.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select User.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the user from literal mode, select the appropriate user from the drop-down list.
- To set the user using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.