Single customer view overview
The following permissions:
- To associate contact to an interaction: Externalcontacts > Conversation > Associate
- To view interactions for a contact/account: Externalcontacts > Conversation > Viewall
- To create a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Add
- To view a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > View
- To update a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Edit
- To delete a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Delete
- To see a contact's journey: Externalcontacts > Session > View
- To promote an auto-created contact to a curated contact (Add to contacts): Externalcontacts > Identity > Promote
- To merge an auto-created contact to an existing curated contact: Externalcontacts > Identity > Merge
Single customer view puts empathy into action and your contacts at the center of their experiences with your organization. Relying on identity resolution and customer journeys, single customer view enables agents to provide personal service with a view to each contact’s complete story: every touch point with your organization.
With single customer view, when an interaction begins, Genesys Cloud automatically uses identity resolution to attempt to link the contact to an existing contact record:
- If Genesys Cloud finds a single match, it auto-links the contact:
- For email interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the email address.
- For web chat interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the email address, if supplied. If the email address is not available, Genesys Cloud uses the phone number. If either the email address or the phone number search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud auto-links the contact. If neither email address nor phone number is available, Genesys Cloud searches for the name entered. If that search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud shows the profile, and the agent can link it. For more information about configuring web chat fields, see the Developer Center.
- For messaging interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the messaging ID. If Genesys Cloud cannot auto-link with the messaging ID, Genesys Cloud attempts to search for the contact name. If the search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud shows the profile, and the agent can link it.
- If Genesys Cloud finds no matches, or if it finds more than one match, it creates a temporary contact. An agent can create a new contact from the temporary contact or link a temporary contact to an existing external contact. Unlinked temporary contacts expire 60 days after the last interaction with your organization.
Regardless of whether a contact is linked, Genesys Cloud automatically tracks a contact’s journey. The contact’s journey includes every experience the contact has had with your organization–across all channels that are associated with linked contacts. For temporary contacts, Genesys Cloud still tracks the contact’s interaction with your organization. You can promote temporary contacts to linked contacts.
Genesys Cloud Predictive Engagement can further enhance these features.