Rule management overview
A campaign can take intelligent actions based on logic in its assigned rule sets. This view manages call rule sets, which are collections of call rules. Call rule sets are evaluated before a call is placed or after it ends.
How call rules work:
- Rule categories (pre-call or wrap-up) determine whether rule conditions are evaluated before the call is made or after the call is disconnected.
- Rule conditions are tested to determine whether to perform actions. Conditions can evaluate the value of a call analysis, contact list column, contact property, phone number, phone number type, or wrap-up code.
- Before the call begins, pre-call actions can set a caller id number and name before dialing, can prevent the number from being dialed, dial in preview mode, or can update the value of a contact column, and so on.
- When the call ends, wrap-up actions can update contact columns or append the contact’s number to the campaign’s first designated DNC list.
Use the Call rules view to manage rule set entries. Each rule set can contain multiple rules. The system evaluates an individual rule before it places the call or after the call ends. A rule can evaluate multiple conditions. Conditions are joined with AND operators, so a call must meet all rule conditions for the overall rule to evaluate True.
Similarly, rules can carry out multiple actions. Actions are also joined with AND. When the rule performs actions sequentially.
To sort this view, click the Name column. The caret in the Name heading indicates whether the column sorts in ascending or descending order. To filter the list, type all or part of a name in the Search box. If you don’t type any search text, all rule sets appear.
- Create a set of call rules
- Edit a set of call rules
- Add a call rule
- Reorder rules in a set
- Copy a rule set
- Delete a rule set