How Genesys Cloud delivers outbound calls to agents
Genesys Cloud follows this process from the time an outbound campaign places a call to the time an agent answers the call.
- An outbound campaign places a call.
Call progress analysis begins:
- Signaling analysis begins.
- Network tone analysis begins.
- An entity, for example, an IVR, answering machine, fax machine, or live person, answers the call.
If answering machine detection (AMD) is enabled, call media analysis begins.
- Live speech detection (LSD) begins.
- Live person detection begins.
- Answering machine detection begins.
- Call progress analysis classifies the called entity.
- Call progress analysis and (if answering machine detection is enabled) call media analysis completes.
- Media microservices or premises-based Edge publishes the call information.
- The system places the call in an ACD queue.
- ACD logic routes the call to an agent with the correct skills.
- The agent answers the call.
- The agent and the called entity are now communicating.
Tips for improving delivery time to agents
To reduce the time for Genesys Cloud to deliver outbound calls to agents, administrators and contact center managers can:
- Disable answering machine detection. This action removes the call analysis steps from the process. Call progress analysis still classifies the called entity but does not distinguish between a live voice and an answering machine. To select Disable answering machine detection or to change the selection, see Create a call analysis response and Edit a call analysis response.
- Turn on auto-answer for agents and use persistent connection with Polycom and WebRTC phones. These actions remove the step in which the agent manually answers the call. See Turn on auto-answer for agents, Find your phone’s configuration settings (for Polycom phones), and Use the persistent connection feature with a Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone.
- Make sure that there are no hardware or headset issues with agents’ phones, slowing connection time. Listen to recordings to troubleshoot these issues.