Turn on auto answer for agents
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
- Directory > User > View permission
- Directory > User > Edit permission
- The agent’s phone must support auto answer. For a list of phones that support auto answer, see Managed phones: models and features matrix.
When you enable auto answer for an agent, Genesys Cloud automatically connects the agent to incoming ACD calls without the agent clicking Accept. When an agent with auto answer enabled receives an incoming ACD call, Genesys Cloud plays a tone for the agent to alert them to the incoming call.
To set up auto answer for agents, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under People and Permissions, click People.
- Use search or page through the user list to find your desired user.
- Click the user’s name.
- Click the Phone tab.
- Enable Auto Answer.
- Click Save.
Note: For better performance using auto answer, enable persistent connections in the baseline appearance settings for any phone used by an agent who has auto answer enabled. For information about configuring your phone and enabling persistent connections, see Configure managed phones.