Series: Historical adherence
How Genesys Cloud calculates adherence and conformance
Genesys Cloud calculates adherence exceptions by combining the presence/status data and the schedule data. Currently, adherence exceptions can only be viewed, not edited.
- Actual Time = actualLengthSeconds
- Scheduled (Adherence) = adherenceScheduleSeconds
- Exception Duration (Adherence) = adherenceExceptionDurationSeconds
- Scheduled On Queue = conformanceScheduleSeconds
- Work Time On Queue = conformanceActualSeconds
if actualLengthSeconds <= 0 OR adherenceScheduleSeconds <= 0 return undefined adherence = (1 - (adherenceExceptionDurationSeconds / adherenceScheduleSeconds)) * 100 if adherence > 0 return adherence, else 0
if actualLengthSeconds = 0 return undefined if conformanceActualSeconds = 0 and conformanceScheduleSeconds = 0 return undefined if conformanceActualSeconds = 0 and conformanceScheduleSeconds > 0 return 0 if conformanceScheduleSeconds = 0 return Infinity return (conformanceActualSeconds / conformanceScheduleSeconds * 100)
Working outside shift considered exception example
An agent is scheduled for 60 minutes of on queue work. The agent arrives 10 minutes late to the shift and works the remaining 50 minutes of the scheduled on queue work. To make up the paid time, the agent then remains on queue for 10 additional minutes, for a total of 60 minutes.
- With the Working Outside Shift Considered Exception configuration option enabled, the adherence formula is: 1 – ((10+10)/(60+10)) = 1 – .286 = 71.4% adherence
- With the Working Outside Shift Considered Exception configuration option disabled, the adherence formula is: 1 – 10/60 = 1 – .167 = 82.4% adherence
If you configure activity categories as ignored for adherence calculations, those activities will not have a positive or negative impact on adherence. An agent scheduled for an ignored activity will not be in adherence or out of adherence, regardless of presence; the agent will be in an ignored adherence status.