Genesys Cloud system requirements
The system requirements detail the browsers, operating systems, hardware, and other components supported by Genesys Cloud.
- 64-bit operating system
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB RAM recommended)
- Dual-core processor
- 400 MB hard drive space (required to install the desktop app)
- For the desktop app, one of the following operating systems:
- Mac OS — two versions previous to the current release
- Windows— 7, 8, and 10
- For the web app: Any desktop operating system that meets the other system requirements and can install a supported web browser, such as Linux and Chrome OS.
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Genesys recommends against multiple simultaneous logins to the same Genesys Cloud account. For example, the same account logged in to multiple tabs or browsers, the same account logged in to the desktop app and in a browser, or the same account logged in to different computers at the same time. For more information, see the FAQ Why do multiple concurrent Genesys Cloud logins cause problems?
- Genesys recommends that PCs exceed the minimum system requirements when WebRTC voice, video, or third-party, resource-intensive software is used. For example, third-party applications can be more resource-intensive than Genesys Cloud. Since the type and number of additional applications in any machine is different, Genesys cannot provide specific guidance. The best approach is experimentation with the desired agent configuration to ensure that the machine has enough CPU, memory, and networking to support all applications comfortably.
- Some antivirus software runs real-time inspection on HTTPS and audio packets, and may lower the audio quality of WebRTC.
- For Genesys Cloud embedded clients, the minimum system requirements are based on the host or browser running the client, and vary based on the implementation. For more information, see Browser requirements for the Genesys Cloud embedded clients.
Genesys Cloud telephony
For best results, Genesys recommends that customers using VDI have a telephony configuration with physical phones. Customers may choose to use WebRTC or PureCloud softphone, however, successful use of Genesys Cloud’s WebRTC and PureCloud Softphone technologies in a VDI environment requires tuning and additional testing at scale by your VDI provider.
|Desktop||Physical phone||WebRTC phone||PureCloud softphone|
|Virtual Desktop||Yes||Customer responsibility||Customer responsibility|
Genesys Cloud screen recording
Genesys Cloud’s screen recording technology can work in a VDI environment with the proper VDI configuration. Therefore, successful use of screen recording requires tuning and additional testing at scale by your VDI provider.
Supported web browsers
Chrome — Requires current release or one version previous.
Firefox — Requires current release, one version previous, current ESR release, or transitional ESR release
- Genesys supports the transitional ESR release only during the time period in which the new ESR release is tested and certified. For more information, see Firefox ESR release cycle.
- Firefox scripts may not load unless AdBlocker or AdBlockPlus are disabled.
Safari — Requires current release.
- Video chat not supported
- Screen sharing not supported
Microsoft Edge — Requires current release.
- Genesys Cloud WebRTC web-based phone not supported
- Voicemail playback requires WebM plugin
- View faxes not supported
Video chat is supported in the desktop and browser apps but has additional requirements and specifications.
We recommend the following bandwidth for each quality setting:
- High Definition (HD): 1mbps – 2mbps per connected user in the video chat
- Medium Definition: 500kbps – 1mbps per connected user in the video chat
- Low Definition: 100kbps – 500kbps per connected user in the video chat
- Voice only (camera off) : 32kbps – 150kbps per connected user in the video chat
Video chat specifications
- Five maximum participants
- Browser app: a camera that is a recognized video device by your browser
Screen sharing specifications
Screen sharing is available for Chrome, Firefox, and the desktop app.
- Desktop app only shares the default monitor. The ability to select a specific screen or window to share is not available at this time.
- Chrome allows you to share a screen, a specific window, or your entire desktop. To support screen sharing, Chrome requires the Genesys Cloud Screen Sharing Helper add-on.
- Firefox allows you to choose the window you want to share, but it does not have an option for sharing the entire screen at this time. Screen sharing support for Firefox versions earlier than 39 requires the Genesys Cloud Screen Sharing Helper add-on.
The recommended minimum screen resolution for workforce management user interfaces is 1366 x 768. Even though workforce management administrator user interfaces (forecast editor, schedule editor, intraday monitoring, etc.) can function at 1024 x 768, they are optimized for 1366 x 768.
Genesys Cloud Collaborate
|Supported devices||Operating system requirements|
|iPhone and iPad||One version previous to the current iOS|
|Android device||Up to four years previous to the current Android OS version|
Genesys Cloud Supervisor
|Supported devices||Operating system requirements|
|iPad||One version previous to the current iOS|
For download information, see Mobile apps.
The Genesys Cloud user interface is available in these languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Thai (beta)
The table below lists Genesys Cloud's current language support for:
- Speech recognition (ASR)
- Text-to-speech (TTS)
- IVR system prompts
- Estimated wait time (EWT), position in queue (PIQ), and caller collect input verification
- Telephony user interface (TUI)
- Voice transcription
- Sentiment analysis
For a list of supported call analysis languages for outbound campaigns, see Supported call analysis regions.
|Language||Region||Language tag||IVR system prompts||EWT, PIQ, and caller collect input verification||TUI||Speech recognition||Text-to-speech||Voice transcription||Sentiment
|Chinese||Simplified - People's Republic of China||zh-CN||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Traditional - Hong Kong S.A.R.||zh-HK||✓||✓|
(Beta: TUI, speech recognition, and text-to-speech)
|United States and Latin America||es-US||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- Due to language model size, when Japanese is enabled Genesys Cloud currently allows English as the only other language in the org. To request Japanese language support for your organization, please contact Genesys Cloud Customer Care.
- Support for Thai is limited and under active translation, but will be generally available in a future release.
- For information about enabling beta languages, contact Customer Care.
Keep in mind the following:
- ASR and TTS are provided by proprietary technology. Genesys Cloud does not currently support third party vendors.
- Genesys Cloud's IVR system audio files are contained in a library of provided prompts that can be used "out of the box" or updated by the flow author. These prompts cover standard sets of data, including dates, monetary, numbers, ordinals, and some phrases used by features for error handling (speech recognition errors).
- Analytics and keyword spotting are not currently available in Genesys Cloud.
Genesys Cloud supports specific dialects with ASR and TTS for spoken words. However for written words, all varieties of a given language, such as US and British English, use the same UI localization. Currently, the default standard is the US format (for example, DD/MM/YYYY and 12-hour clock), but future releases will include support for various date-time formats and "start of week" settings applicable to various subregions.
|September 2, 2020||Updated Network bandwidth in the Video chat requirements section to clarify the Voice only setting definition.|
|June 24, 2020||Updated the section that explains Genesys Cloud’s support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments.|
|May 20, 2020||
Updated Supported web browsers section to clarify ESR release support for the Firefox browser.
|April 1, 2020||
Updated Supported web browsers section to clarify Firefox version support.
|March 18, 2020||
Updated System requirements section to clarify minimum system requirements when WebRTC voice, video, or third-party, resource-intensive software is used.
|March 11, 2020||
Updated Supported web browsers section to clarify Safari and Microsoft Edge version support.
|March 4, 2020||
Updated VDI support section to clarify Genesys policy.
|January 29, 2020||
Updated the Mobile requirements for Android devices.
|January 15, 2020||
Added Desktop app requirements section.
|January 6, 2020||
Added note about requirements for Genesys Cloud embedded clients in the System requirements section.
|December 11, 2019||
Clarified note on Chrome and Firefox automatic updates.
|December 4, 2019||
Removed support for Internet Explorer 11. For more information, see Deprecation: Internet Explorer 11 support for web app and Architect.
|July 24, 2019||
Clarified Chrome and Firefox version support.
|June 26, 2019||
Added information about operating system requirements for the web app.
|May 8, 2019||
Added a section that explains Genesys Cloud’s position on Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) support.
|March 6, 2019||
Added Internet Explorer support information for Performance Dashboards.
|September 26, 2018||
Added link to FAQ to the multiple simultaneous logins recommendation note in System requirements section.
|August 8, 2018||
Added multiple simultaneous logins recommendation note in System requirements section.
|July 25, 2018||
Added VDI note in System requirements section notes.
Fixed typo in System requirements section notes.
|June 27, 2018||Added Revision history table.|
|June 21, 2018||Corrected supported languages section.|
|June 20, 2018||Added supported languages section.|
|June 14, 2018||
Reorganized the layout of the article using collapsible sections. Worked extensively with Genesys Cloud testing and development to verify and update all requirements.
Updated the following in system requirements: 64-bit operating system, Mac OS supported versions, Windows supported versions, RAM requirements, and processor requirements. Included desktop app requirements in system requirements.
Updated the following in supported web browsers: moved Safari from full support to limited support and added a link to verify your browser.
Updated the following in mobile app requirements: reorganized the information into a table, updated the iOS version requirements for Genesys Cloud Collaborate, and added requirements for Genesys Cloud Supervisor.
|June 7, 2018||
Title of article changed to Genesys Cloud system requirements.
RAM requirements updated.