Genesys Cloud Background Assistant (GCBA) overview
The Genesys Cloud Background Assistant is available for Windows only.
- Run as a background process – Invisible to users, Genesys Cloud Background Assistant is a helper program that makes screen recording possible when using Genesys Cloud in a web browser. In Windows, it operates as a Windows service in the background.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant starts automatically – Genesys Cloud Background Assistant automatically runs when your computer starts, so that the application can capture screen recording whenever you use Genesys Cloud in a web browser.
- Download and install GCBA.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant supports screen recording when you run it with the Genesys Cloud web application in a web browser.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant supports screen recording when you run it with Genesys Cloud embedded clients in a web browser (Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, Genesys Cloud for Zendesk, Genesys Cloud for Microsoft Teams).
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant supports Genesys Cloud browser extensions (Genesys Cloud for Chrome, and Genesys Cloud for Firefox).
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant supports private deployment that integrates with Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant does not support Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Service Cloud Voice.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant does not offer platform API or SDK support as means to achieve custom integration for screen recording.
- Screen recording is unsupported when you run Genesys Cloud Background Assistant in a user’s desktop while using Genesys Cloud in a web browser that is in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
Download the installer
Note: If the organization’s security policies requires it, the administrator can silently install Genesys Cloud Background Assistant and update users on specific days and times using a third-party software deployment tool. For more information, see Deploy Genesys Cloud Background Assistant.
- Download Genesys Background Assistant for Windows.
- To install, double-click the installer, and follow the prompts.
Log in to Genesys Cloud
- Select your language from the list.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select your organization’s region.
- Click Log In.
- If you use the same email address to log in to multiple organizations, enter an organization name when you log in. Genesys Cloud may ask you to enter an organization name, or you can click More Login Options.
- If your administrator enables single sign-on (SSO), click More Login Options to enter the organization name and authenticate with the Identity Provider; for example, OneLogin. After you authenticate, you can log in automatically to Genesys Cloud without entering your user name and password.
Configure desktop app settings
Although the configuration is similar on Windows and Macs, some differences apply. For more information, see Change Windows desktop app settings.