Enable multi-factor authentication
The following permissions:
- Single Sign-on > Provider > View
- Single Sign-on > Provider > Edit
- Directory > Organization > Admin
Administrators can enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Genesys Cloud users to increase security and reduce the risk of fraud. MFA requires users to enter a code from their phone or another device in addition to their password when logging in to Genesys Cloud.
To enable the authentication, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Account Settings, click Organization Settings.
- Click the Authentication tab.
- Under Genesys Cloud Login, turn the Require Multi-Factor Authentication toggle switch on or off:
- ON – Enables MFA requirement for all users in the organization.
- OFF – Disables MFA requirement for all users in the organization. A user can still choose to set up MFA for their account. If a user has configured MFA, then it is enforced.
When you enable the Require Multi-Factor Authentication setting, users must set up MFA for their user account. For more information about how a user sets up the MFA, see Log in for the first time.