Configure Line Keys for a standalone phone
The standalone features setting is designed to allow you to configure a phone for use in a conference room or other common area where anyone can use it. In other words, a phone with the standalone features enabled will not be assigned to a specific user.
For more information, see Enable standalone features.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Phone Management.
- Select the standalone phone you want.
- Under the Phone tab, confirm that Standalone Features is set to On.
- Click the Line Keys tab.
- In the Key Label box, enter a key label name.
- The Key Label box is pre-populated with the Key Label name in the Base Line Appearance field.
- Key Label names appear next to the function keys on the physical phone.
- Enter a name in the Line Appearance Id box. (The Line Appearance Id field does not allow spaces or symbols.)
- The Span appearance to remaining keys check box is selected by default.
- You must set up a DID number or an Extension when configuring a standalone phone
- To add a DID number, fill in the DID box.Note: When a DID is the emergency callback number (ANI), confirm that the DID number is registered with your carrier to show the correct address for emergency services.
- To add an extension, fill in the Extensions box and click Plus .
- To add a DID number, fill in the DID box.
- Click Save Phone.