Series: Create queues
Configure after call work settings
Configure after call work settings
Select the after call work option:
- Click the After Call Work list and select whether after call work is:
- Optional: This option allows agents to opt out of selecting a wrap-up code after a call. This feature is useful if your organization does not use wrap-up codes and your agents do not need after call work time.
- Mandatory, Discretionary: This option enables agents to choose how long to remain in ACW status. In this case, they must set their status back to available when they complete after call work.
Note: If you choose Optional or Mandatory, Discretionary, the interaction closes only when the agents manually end the interaction after it moves to ACW. If an agent logs off or closes the browser without ending an interaction that is currently in ACW, the interaction does not wrap up. To force wrap up to such interactions, configure the End Interactions Automatically when Agents Logoff organization-level setting. The interactions close with a system wrap-up code, ININ-SYSTEM-LOGOUT. For more information, see Enable communication level after call work.
- Mandatory, Time-boxed: This option sets the maximum amount of time that agents remain in the ACW state to complete after call work. If they finish after call work early, they can change status to receive new interactions, or automatically become available at the end of the time specified.
- Mandatory, Time-boxed no early exit: This option prevents agents from setting themselves back to available if they complete after call work early. They remain in ACW status and automatically return to available status at the end of the time-out period. This feature is useful to give agents a "cool down" period between interactions.
- Agent Requested: This option needs agents to specifically make a request for after call work before they disconnect the interaction. Note:
For agents to view the option to request ACW, you must enable Enforce Communication Level After Call Work (ACW) and grant agents the Conversations > Settings > View permission. For more information, see Enable communication level after call work.
- If agents request ACW: After the interaction disconnects, they move to ACW status for the time period set on the queue and experience the same process as Mandatory, Time-Boxed ACW.
- If agents do not request ACW: After the interaction disconnects, they move to an idle state and become available for the next interaction in the queue. The agents can no longer go into ACW.
- Agents can save the wrap-up codes and notes that they select during an interaction only if they request for ACW time and enter the ACW period after the interaction ends. If the agents do not request for ACW, they cannot save the notes or wrap-up codes.
- (Applicable only to Mandatory, Time-boxed, Mandatory, Time-boxed no early exit, and Agent Requested settings) In the After Call Work Timeout (Seconds) field, set the time that the agents have for after call work before they receive more interactions. The maximum number that you can enter here is 900 seconds. This timeout period applies only to voice interactions. To apply the timeout period to other channels such as chat, email, message, and callbacks, enable Enforce Communication Level After Call Work (ACW). For more information, see Enable communication level after call work.
- If an interaction (assigned to an agent in a queue that has ACW configured and requires a wrap-up code to be selected) is direct transferred to another user, and if the receiving agent is not the member of a queue and does not have permissions to assign wrap-up codes, the agent will still have ACW time for their segment of the interaction and will still have to select a wrap-up code from the list available in the queue for the previous segment.
- Agents usually assign wrap-up codes during after call work. If agents do not assign a wrap-up code before the specified time expires, Genesys Cloud assigns the default ININ-WRAP-UP-TIMEOUT wrap up code. In some circumstances, outbound dialing assigns wrap-up codes. These codes appear in exported contact lists or conversation events. For more information, see Wrap-up codes assigned by outbound dialing. Genesys recommends that you do not use the Agent requested option in outbound dialing because it allows agents to skip after call work that may result in outbound campaigns performing inaccurately.