Automatic time zone mapping overview
Automatic time zone mapping is a simplified alternative to manually configuring callable time sets. With automatic time zone mapping, the system maps contacts to time zones based on the contacts’ phone numbers and (optionally) zip codes. The campaign dials the contacts only during compliant dialing times for their time zone.
Note: Automatic time zone mapping supports NANP phone numbers (United States, Canada, and certain Caribbean area codes) and United States zip codes.
Automatic time zone mapping currently allows calls between 8:00 PM. and 9:00 PM (consumer time) each day. Since this may or may not satisfy rules in all North American countries, customers may need to take other actions to ensure they are in compliance. We plan to enhance this feature in the future.
How it works
When you create a new contact list, enable automatic time zone mapping and optionally include a zip code column. For best results, use both phone numbers and zip codes. Many people move out of state and/or time zone, but keep their cell phone number. Automatic time zone mapping calculations that include a zip code help to ensure compliance and contribute to customer satisfaction.
The system looks up the area codes from the phone number columns and the zip codes from the zip code column (if available) in a database and maps them to a time zone. The system uses only phone numbers in the contact list phone number columns in its mapping calculations.
Once the system maps the time zone and the campaign is active, the campaign dials contacts only during the compliant dialing times for their time zone.
- If a contact maps to one time zone, the system allows a compliant dialing time between 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM for that time zone. The system stops dialing at 8:59 PM for each time zone to provide a one minute buffer to complete record processing.
- If the contact maps to a few different time zones, the system allows dialing only during the compliant dialing time for those time zones.
- The system must be able to map at least phone number value to a valid time zone and the zip code value must be either blank or a valid zip code. If these conditions are not fulfilled, the system allows dialing only during the default dialing time of 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM Eastern time.
Once a contact list is configured for automatic time zone mapping, the administrator can:
- Preview the automatic time zone mapping results for a contact list in the contact lists view and when editing a contact list.
- View the automatic time zone mapping results from the most recent campaign in the export file.
When to use it
Use automatic time zone mapping:
- For contacts with United States, Canadian, and Caribbean area codes and United States zip codes.
- If you don’t already know your contacts’ time zones.
- For new contact lists only. Existing contact lists cannot be configured for automatic time zone mapping.
Callable time sets is a better choice if:
- Your contact lists already contain time zone data.
- You prefer to have more control over dialing times.
|View automatic time zone mapping examples||Automatic time zone mapping examples|
|View NANP area code maps, including supported Caribbean area codes||NANP area code maps|
|Configure a new contact list for automatic time zone mapping||Create a new contact list|
|View automatic time zone mapping columns in the contact list export file||Download contact list records|
|View automatic time zone mapping results preview||Automatic time zone mapping preview|