Add an activity code
- Workforce Management > Activity Code > Add permission
Customized activity codes help define the activities your organization uses and act as a representation of scheduled activities. Use activity codes wherever you use activity categories.
Note: Activity categories are predefined parameters that you can use to identify a specific action of an agent, or as a container for more customized activity codes. Activity codes allow you to create and group related activities to define the actions of your agents.
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units. The Business Units page opens.
- Under Configuration, click Activity Codes.
- In the upper right corner, click the Business Unit list and select the appropriate management unit.
- Click Add . The Add Activity Code page opens.
- In the Activity Code section, do the following:
- In the Name box, type a short, descriptive name for the activity code.
- In the Category list, select the required category.
- The Default button on the upper right corner of this section indicates whether this activity is default. This occurs when the activity code is not mapped to any organization using the Secondary Status field is the Adherence Settings section.
- In the Adherence Settings section, do the following:
- The Primary Status field displays the name of the category selected in the Category Code field in the Activity Code section.
- In the Secondary Status list, map the activity code to the specific secondary status. This enables granular adherence tracking with a one on one relationship between the presence status and activity code.
- In the Time Settings section, do the following:
- To specify a default length of time for the activity, in the Length area use the up and down arrows to set the number of hours and minutes allotted for the activity.Note: The system uses this information to create an activity in the schedule editor or in shift definitions. You can change existing activity lengths.
- Select the Count as Paid Time checkbox, if the activity counts toward paid time.
- Select the Is Interruptible checkbox, if the activity counts as interruptible. Note: The system enables this toggle by default for On Queue activity codes only. Only those activity codes that are enabled under this category are checked for available slots in the New Coaching Appointment screen. For more information on scheduling a new coaching appointment, see Schedule a coaching appointment.
- Select the Count as Work Time checkbox, if the activity counts as contiguous, or consecutive, work time.
- To specify a default length of time for the activity, in the Length area use the up and down arrows to set the number of hours and minutes allotted for the activity.
- To add another activity code, click Save and Add New.
- To return to the Activity Codes page, click Save.