Add an activity code
- Workforce Management > Activity Code > Add permission
Customized activity codes help define the activities your organization uses and act as a representation of scheduled activities. Use activity codes wherever you use activity categories.
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units. The Business Units page opens.
- Under Configuration, click Activity Codes.
- In the upper right corner, click the Business Unit list and select the appropriate management unit.
- Click Add . The Add Activity Code page opens.
- In the Activity Code Name box, type a short, descriptive name for the activity code.
- Click the arrow at the end of the Activity Category list and select the default category to associate with the activity.
- To specify a default length of time for the activity, in the Length area use the up and down arrows to set the number of hours and minutes allotted for the activity.Note: The system uses this information when creating an activity in the schedule editor or in shift definitions, but you can change existing activity lengths.
- To set this activity as the default, click to enable Is Default.
- If the activity counts toward paid time, click to change Counts as Paid Time to Yes.
- If the activity counts as contiguous, or consecutive, work time, click to change the Counts as Work Time toggle to Yes.
- To add another activity code, click Save and Add New.
- To return to the Activity Codes page, click Save.