Add a planning group
Planning groups allow organizations to group forecasts together to help simplify the planning process.
- If you combine multiple route paths into the same planning group, workforce management treats them as one bucket for forecasting, and the schedule generation process looks for agents who can handle the entire planning group, not individual pieces of it.
- If you select the <None> option under Language, this configuration specifically means that there is no language setting on the interaction. This selection does not mean any language, which is not currently an option.
- If you select the <None> option under Skill, this configuration specifically means that there is no skill setting on the interaction. This setting does not mean “any” skill, which is not currently an option..
To create and configure a planning group, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Planning Groups.
- From the Business Unit list, located in the upper right corner, select the business unit.
- Click Add . The Add Planning Groups page opens to the Associations tab.
- Under Planning Group Name, enter an appropriate name for the planning group.
- Under Select a Service Goal Template, select a pre-configured service goal template to apply to the planning group.
- Under Media Type, select Voice, Email, Chat, Callback, or Message.
- Under Route Path Associations, do one of the following:Note: If you combine route paths into the same planning group, workforce management treats them as one bucket for forecasting. Combining low volume paths can reduce planning work and improve forecasts.
- To find an existing available interaction route path, click Search
- To add a new route path for the interaction type, click Add .
- To reset the planning group to the default configuration, click More and from the menu that appears click Reset Defaults.
- Click Save.