Add a new topic miner
You can access the topic miner from Admin > Quality > Topic Miner. For more information, see Access the topic miner. You can also create a new topic miner by importing a .json file from an external source.
To create a new topic miner, perform the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Quality, click Topic Miner.
- Click Create a New Miner. The New Miner page opens.
- Under Name, add a descriptive name for the miner.
- Click the Language list and select the language in which to mine topics. Notes: Currently, topic mining supports the following dialects: en-US, en-AU, en-GB, en-IN, and en-ZA.
- To mine data from Genesys Cloud, perform these steps:
- Under Data Source, click Genesys Cloud.
- Under Date range, use the calendars to select the date range in which the miner mines conversations between the agent and the customer. Note: The conversations limit is 30,000.
- Under Media Type, select Chat, Call, or Message transcripts.
- Click the Participants list and select whether to mine topics from internal agents, external customers, or both.
- Click the Queues list and select up to five queues from which to mine transcripts. Note: If you do not specify any queues, the system selects all queues by default.
- To upload a file from another source, perform these steps:
- Under Data Source, click External File.
- Under File upload, click Click to upload.
- Select and upload the JSON file source.
Note: To download and format conversation data from a preformatted template, click Example en-us JSON file or download this example.
- Click Confirm.
The mining process begins and the Miner Status column informs you of the progress. If an error occurs, you can open the session, review and correct the error, and then restart the session.