Best practices for topic creation
To create topics for your business, best practice recommends that you follow these steps:
- Create a default program if it does not already exist. For more information, see Speech and text analytics settings.
- Define the topic and determine its scope by establishing the type of linguistic events you hope to find using this topic.
- Name the topic using naming conventions that are easy for end users to understand (for example, customer dissatisfaction, agent rapport building, and so on).
- Populate the topic with phrases.
- Consider possible phrases.
- Collect phrases from existing interactions.
- Search for the words in the phrases you are considering, to better understand the context in which they appear.
- Create additional variations of the phrases you already created.
For more information, see Work with a phrase and Work with a topic.
- Add the topic to the desired program. For more information, see Work with a program.