Work with data tables
- Architect > Data Table > All permission
- To add a data table: Architect > Data Table > Add
- To delete a data table: Architect > Data Table > Delete
- To add a data table row: Architect > Data Table > Add Row
- To delete a data table row: Architect > Data Table > Delete Row
Data tables allow you to store data locally and ensure that Architect can access it within an interaction.
You can use data tables to access data sets larger than allowed by a switch statement. This feature is also useful when combining Genesys Cloud with third-party integrations. Direct Genesys Cloud to look up the value returned from the CRM (customer relationship management) system to find the queue to which the interaction should transfer.
For example, you can map external data from a CRM system to a Genesys Cloud queue. After entering a flow, a caller enters an account number. The CRM system includes stored information that identifies the department within the organization that should be dealing with this customer and, when receiving the account number, returns the department name.
- The number of data tables allowed in a single organization is 50.
- The number of data rows allowed in a single table is 5000.
- The number of fields allowed in a single table is 50.
- The number of characters allowed in a single reference key is 256.
- To request a higher limit of data rows or an increased number of data tables, contact Genesys Cloud Customer Care.
|Add||Create a new data table and add and configure custom fields for the table.|
|Delete||Delete one or more data tables. Note: You cannot delete a data table if it is currently used in a flow.|
|Name||The links in this column represent the data table. To open the entry and view, edit, or delete fields associated with the table, click the desired link.|
|Reference Key column||
The entries in this column represent the primary keys in each data table. Reference keys uniquely identify each table row. For example, if your reference key is “Street address,” then users know that the value to enter is a street address.
|Notes column||(Optional) Add descriptive information to the data table.|
|More||Click this button to edit or delete the table, or to edit table rows.|
For more information about reference tables, see the tasks outlined in the following articles.
|Create a data table||Create and configure a data table, adding collection of rows whose structure is defined by a Data Table Schema.|
|Manage a data table||Update or delete a data table, and add, edit, or delete a table row.|
|Import or export data tables||Import or export a data table. Append or replace data during an import. View recent imports. View import errors.|
|Data Table Lookup action||Learn how this action is used in an Architect flow.|