Series: Find, view, and link external contacts
Find, view, and link a contact
The following permissions:
- External Contacts > Conversation > Associate
- External Contacts > Contact > View
- External Contacts > External Organization > View
When an interaction begins, Genesys Cloud searches for a matching contact and, if found, links it for you.
To certify that Genesys Cloud found the right contact record, do the following:
- Accept an interaction.
- Confirm whether Genesys Cloud linked the correct contact:
- If Genesys Cloud correctly linked the contact, continue with the interaction.
- If Genesys Cloud linked an incorrect contact, continue to Step 3.
- If Genesys Cloud failed to link a contact, proceed to Step 4.
- Click More and Unlink Interaction.
- Search for the correct contact.
- Confirm whether your search found the correct contact.
- If your search found the correct contact, click it.
- If your search failed to find the correct contact, create a new contact.
- To link the contact, click Link Interaction.