View the topology map for troubleshooting telephony
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
The topology world map displays troubleshooting details for your Genesys Cloud telephony network. With world map topology, you can do several things:
- View a world map displaying your Genesys Cloud telephony network, including sites, phones, Edges, and trunks.
- Drill down to sites, Edges, and other telephony objects to get details.
- See troubleshooting issues, such as offline and out-of-service Edges.
View the map
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Topology.
- Click and drag with your mouse to view different areas of the map.
- Scroll with your mouse or use the + and – minus keys on your keyboard to zoom in and out.
- Click on different telephony objects and blue links to reveal detail screens and other options.
- Find a site with the Find a Site search box.
Troubleshoot items that need attention
|Sites lacking phone redundancy||
A site requires at least two Edges to establish phone redundancy.
|Sites with unused trunks||
The trunk is assigned to a site but not assigned to an Edge interface. See Configure a network interface for Edge. If a trunk is disabled on purpose, consider removing the trunk from the site.
|Sites with disabled routes||Put the outbound route in service with the Outbound Route State selector. If a route is disabled on purpose, consider deleting the route.|
|Edges are online, but out-of-service||Put the Edge in service. If you need to return an Edge, contact Genesys Cloud Customer Care.|
|Edges are offline, but in-service||
|Edges are offline, and out-of-service||
|Edges are not finished provisioning||Locate your Edge model and follow the Setup Instructions.|
|Edges with unused trunks||
|We could not determine the map location of the following Sites|