Stop persistent connection
Persistent connection speeds up the processing of calls by keeping WebRTC phone connections open. Persistent connection is enabled by default in the integration. When you log in to the integration for the first time, you do not have a phone selected. Once you select the phone, the WebRTC phone connection opens. With subsequent incoming calls, the integration passes the call to you using the existing connection.
Persistent connections end in the following situations:
- After a specified period of inactivity.
Unless your administrator changes the default timeout for persistent connection, any persistent connection ends after 10 minutes of inactivity (no incoming or outbound calls). If the persistent connection times out, the Omni-Channel re-establishes the persistent connection after the next call connects.
- When you log out of the Omni-Channel.
- When you manually stop the persistent connection.
You can manually stop a persistent connection at any time. The persistent connection restarts when a new call connects.
To manually stop the persistent connection:
- Open the Genesys Cloud CX Utility window, click the icon and select Station from the list.
- Click Stop Persistent Connection.