Series: Add a work plan
Set up shift activities
After you configure the work plan’s daily shifts, you can set up shift activities.
To add an activity to the shift:
- Click the arrow at the end of the activity code list and select the activity you want to add.
- Click and hold the + button, and then drag the activity to the desired location in the shift.
- Optionally use the sizing arrows to adjust the length of the activity.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for any additional activities you want to add.
- Double-click the shift activity you want to edit. The Edit Activity dialog box opens.
- To change the activity, select the new activity from the list.
- Under Length, use the Hours and Minutes up and down arrows to determine the length of time the activity lasts. Note: In the work plan view, you can also use the sizing arrows to adjust the length of the activity.
- To specify that the activity start time is dependent upon the shift start time, do the following:
- Select the Start Time is Relative To Shift Start check box.
- Under Start Time, use the Hours and Minutes arrows to set the activity’s start time in relation to the shift start time. For example, 2 hours from shift start.Note: Relative time, rather than absolute time (for example, 10:00 a.m.) is used here.
- To set an actual activity start time, do the following:
- Clear the Start Time is Relative To Shift Start check box.
- Under Start Time, enter the actual activity start time.
- To set a flexible activity start time, do the following:
- Select the Flexible Start Time check box.
- Under Earliest Start, set the earliest time for this activity by typing in the box or using the Hours and Minutes arrows.
- Under Latest Start, set the latest time for this activity can start by typing in the box or using the Hours and Minutes arrows.
- Select the amount of time to increment the activity start time using the Hours and Minutes arrows.
- If the activity counts toward paid time, set Counts as Paid Time to Yes.
- If the activity counts as contiguous, or consecutive, work time, set Counts as Work Time to Yes. Note: Contiguous time helps ensure that agents do not work too long without getting a break.
- Under Description, optionally include any details or unique definition of the activity.
- Click OK.
Next, add agents.
Configure the work plan’s daily shifts :Previous Suggested Article Next Suggested Article: Add agents to the work plan