Screen recording overview
Use screen recording along with interaction recording to determine how effectively agents handle interactions. Synchronized playback of interactions and screen recording provides a full view of agent activity.
Screen recording can help to identify:
- Why certain types of interactions take longer to handle than others.
- How well agents understand the applications.
- Whether workflow issues relate to agent problems or to system issues.
- How agents handle multiple overlapping interactions.
- Whether agents access unauthorized activity.
- Best practices for handling interactions.
To use screen recording, create a policy and choose screen recording settings. Genesys Cloud screen recording has the following features:
Screen record agent desktop activity
ACD interactions can have both an interaction recording and a screen recording. The interaction recording is an audio or text record of the interaction. The screen recording is a video of the agents’ desktop activity while they handle ACD interactions. For example, while an agent handles a call, you can also record the agent’s desktop. When you create a policy, you can specify whether to start a screen recording for different interaction types.
Screen recording the agent’s desktop during an ACD interaction can occur in one of the following scenarios:
- The agent uses the Genesys Cloud Desktop app.
- The agent uses Genesys Cloud as a web app or as an embedded client in the web browser along with Genesys Cloud Background Assistant, which resides on the agent desktop. For more information, see Genesys Cloud Background Assistant (GCBA) overview.
- It is recommended that screen recording be kept up to date with the latest Genesys Cloud Desktop app or Genesys Cloud Background Assistant.
- For screen recording with Mac you must set the OS permission for the desktop app to allow for screen recording. For more information about setting this permission, see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-screen-recording-on-mac-mchld6aa7d23/mac.
- Genesys Cloud does not support screen recording while an agent is logged in to the same Genesys Cloud account on more than one desktop or web app. Genesys Cloud records both screens but only retains one of the recordings. You cannot select which recording to retain.
- Agents need to have the recording > screenRecording > participate permission.
- The maximum limit for ACW screen recording is 15 minutes
Simultaneously play back recording and applicable audio
Users with the correct permissions can play back the screen recording and simultaneously listen to the interaction’s audio, if applicable. Video of the agent’s screen appears in a pop-out window. For text-based interaction types, you can view the screen recording and the interaction’s text at the same time.
Sync secure pause of audio and screen recording
When an agent starts a secure pause, screen recording also pauses. Audio and screen recording therefore remain in sync, and sensitive information is not recorded.
Record the agent’s monitors
Genesys Cloud records the entire desktop of the agent’s monitor or monitors. For more information, see Multi-monitor screen recording.
Use policies to specify whether screen recording continues after agent transfer
Policies determine whether screen recording happens when agents transfer an ACD interaction. For example, policies can state that Queue A has screen recording, but Queue B does not. If an agent in Queue A transfers an interaction to Queue B, then screen recording ends when the transfer is completed. Only the portion of the conversation from Queue A has a screen recording.
Set the maximum simultaneous number of screen recordings
To minimize negative effects on your network, you can set the maximum number of simultaneous screen recordings for the entire organization. For example, if you set the maximum at 100 simultaneous screen recordings, then Genesys Cloud does not create extra screen recordings if 100 are currently in progress. For more information, see Recording management.
Choose whether to record after call work
When you create a screen recording policy, you choose whether to record after call work.
Prevent agents from disabling screen recording
When using either the Genesys Cloud Desktop app, or the web browser along with the Genesys Cloud Background Assistant, Genesys Cloud does not require the agents’ authorization when it records the agents’ screen.
Agents cannot disable screen recording.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Genesys Cloud ‘s screen recording technology can work in a VDI environment using the Genesys Cloud Desktop app along with the correct VDI configuration. Successful use of screen recording requires tuning and additional testing at scale by your VDI provider.
Screen recording is not supported by running the Genesys Cloud Background Assistant in a user’s desktop while using Genesys Cloud in a web browser that is in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.