Create a policy
- Recording > Retention Policy > Add permission
- Recording > Retention Policy > Edit permission
- Recording > Retention Policy > View permission
Policies specify which interactions to retain or delete. You can also use policies to automate some repetitive Quality Management tasks, such as assigning evaluations or starting a calibration.
Policies only apply to interactions that happen after you enable the policy; they do not apply retroactively.
To create a policy, complete the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Quality, click Policies.
- Click Create New Policy.
- Enter a name for the policy.
- Enter a description of the policy’s function.
Tip: Use the Description text box to indicate the policy’s purpose such as “evaluate inbound support calls” or “delete all calls less than 30 seconds.”
- Click a media type tab.
- Enable or disable the policy for each media type.
- Fill out the Matching Criteria and Actions to Perform for each media type separately.
- Assign one or more of the following Matching Criteria:
- Conversation Direction(s)—Indicates whether to capture inbound or outbound interactions.
- Specific Agent(s)—Matches against one or more contact center agents.
- Time Sets—Matches against interactions during the specified time ranges.
- Specific Queue(s)—Matches against one or more queues.
- Specific wrap-up code(s)—Matches against one or more wrap-up codes.
- Date Range(s)—Matches against interactions on certain dates.
- Duration—Matches against a specified conversation duration. Conversation duration includes any part of the interaction, including time in queue and after call work.
- Criteria are only available for the media types that they apply to.
- If you do not select any matching criteria to limit which interactions the policy applies to, then the policy applies to all interactions.
- PureCloud does not record calls within your organization.
- Assign actions to perform on matching traffic:
- Recording Retention (Required)—Specifies whether to retain or delete a recording. You must retain interactions for evaluations, calibrations, and surveys. Retrieve recorded interactions on the interaction’s details page. Note: Call recording requires that Line Recording is enabled on the SIP trunk. Contact your telephony administrator and refer them to the Enable Line Recording procedure.
- Delete even if another policy retains—This option appears when you select “delete.” By default, if there is a policy overlap, PureCloud retains recordings. For example, if one policy retains a recording, but another deletes it, PureCloud keeps the recording. To override that behavior and delete recordings that match this policy, even if there is an overlap with another policy, select this option.
- Archive recording—Specifies a length of time to retain the recording in immediately available storage. After this interval, PureCloud moves the recording to long-term storage.
- Delete recording—Specifies the number of days before deleting the recording.
- Assign Evaluation—Automatically assigns an evaluation for matching interactions. You can specify a form and an evaluator. Notes:
- PureCloud only assigns 50 evaluations per evaluator per day, even if more interactions match the policy. This limit prevents policies from accidentally assigning more evaluations than an evaluator can complete.
- A policy cannot assign an evaluation to interactions without a recording on the agent side of the interaction. For example, if an agent dismisses and does not reply to an email, then PureCloud does not create a recording for the agent and the policy cannot create an evaluation for the interaction. However, you can still manually assign an evaluation to the interaction.
- Assign Survey— Automatically sends a web survey email invitation for matching interactions. Select a survey form, survey invite flow, email domain, and number of invitations to send. For more information, see Create a web survey policy.
- Assign Metered Evaluation—Limits how many evaluations PureCloud assigns per hour or limits assignment to available evaluators. You can specify a form and an evaluator, when to assign evaluations, and the number of evaluations per hour that the policy assigns to quality evaluators.
- Assign Calibration—Automatically assigns a calibration for matching interactions. You can specify a form, evaluator, expert evaluator, and calibrator.
Note: The person who creates the calibration policy is the calibrator by default.
Initiate Screen Recording—Specifies whether to start a screen recording. You can specify whether to record after call work and archive the recording. You must enter a delete date, and you can keep screen recordings for a maximum of 365 days.Note: PureCloud can record screens only during ACD interactions. You cannot create a policy to initiate recording during non-ACD interactions.
- Assign Evaluations per Agents —Automatically assigns the specified number of evaluations per time period for each agent listed in the Matching Criteria. Select the number of evaluations per time period, the time zone, evaluation form to use, and the evaluators you want to score the evaluations. PureCloud assigns evaluations evenly among the selected evaluators. For more information about this action, see Assign evaluations per agents overview.
- Recording Retention (Required)—Specifies whether to retain or delete a recording. You must retain interactions for evaluations, calibrations, and surveys. Retrieve recorded interactions on the interaction’s details page.
- Repeat steps 6 through 10 for each media type that you want the policy to match.
- Click Save.