Create a policy
- Recording > Retention Policy > Add permission
- Recording > Retention Policy > Edit permission
- Recording > Retention Policy > View permission
Policies specify which interaction recordings to retain or delete. You can also use policies to automate some repetitive Quality Management tasks, such as assigning evaluations or starting a calibration.
Policies do not generate quality management evaluations for interactions that took place prior to enabling the policy. Policies only apply to interactions that happen after you enable the policy.
To create a policy, complete the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Quality, click Policies.
- Click Create New Policy.
- Enter a name for the policy.
- Enter a description of the policy’s function.
Tip: Use the Description text box to indicate the policy’s purpose such as “evaluate inbound support calls” or “delete all calls less than 30 seconds.”
- Click a media type tab and enable or disable the policy for each media type.
- Fill out the Matching Criteria and Actions to Perform for each media type separately.
- Assign one or more of the following Matching Criteria:
- Conversation directions — Indicates whether to capture inbound or outbound interactions.
- Specific users — Matches against one or more contact center users.
- Time sets — Matches against interactions during the specified time ranges.
- Specific queues — Matches against one or more queues.
- Specific wrap-up codes — Matches against one or more wrap-up codes.
- Date range — Matches against interactions on certain dates.
- Duration — Matches against a specified conversation duration. Conversation duration includes any part of the interaction, including time in queue and after call work.
Feature coming soon: Customer participation.
- Customer participation — Matches against email and message interactions during which a customer participated, or a customer did not participate.
- The matching criteria works as an AND logic.
- Criteria are only available for the media types that they apply to.
- If you do not select any matching criteria to limit which interactions the policy applies to, then the policy applies to all interactions.
- Genesys Cloud does not record internal calls within your organization.
- Policies are not automatically modified when an agent, queue, or wrap-up code is deleted.
- Assign actions to perform on matching traffic:
Recording Retention (Required) — Specifies whether to retain or delete a recording.
Retain recordings – You must retain interactions for evaluations, calibrations, and surveys. Retrieve recorded interactions from the interaction’s details page.
Do not save recordings – Interactions are not saved for long term storage. If selected, other recording options, as well as evaluation and survey options are not
applicable and are not shown.
Delete even if another policy retains — This option appears when you select “Do not save recordings.” By default, if there is a policy overlap, Genesys Cloud retains recordings. For example, if one policy retains a recording, but another deletes it, Genesys Cloud keeps the recording. To override that behavior and delete recordings that match this policy, even if there is an overlap with another policy, select this option.Note: Call recording requires that Line Recording is enabled on the SIP trunk. Contact your telephony administrator and refer them to the Enable Line Recording procedure. For more information, see Enable line recording.
Archive recording after — Specifies a length of time to retain the recording in immediately available storage. After this interval, Genesys Cloud moves the recording to long-term storage.
Delete recordings after — Specifies the number of days before deleting the recording.
Export copy of recordings — Automatically export recordings, including screen recordings (if selected), to an AWS S3 bucket. For more information about the integration, see About the AWS S3 recording bulk actions integration.
Note: Genesys Cloud exports recordings one time. If you create an export that matches a recording that has already been exported, that recording will be skipped.
Initiate screen recording — Specifies whether to start a screen recording. You can specify whether to record after call work and archive the recording. You must enter a delete date, and you can keep screen recordings for a maximum of 365 days.Note: Genesys Cloud can record screens only during ACD interactions. You cannot create a policy to initiate recording during non-ACD interactions.
Assign evaluations by evaluators — Automatically assigns the specified number of evaluations per time period for each evaluator specified in the policy. You can specify a form, one or multiple evaluators, when to assign evaluations, and the number of evaluations per time interval that the policy assigns to the selected quality evaluators. For example, if you specify 5 evaluators and choose 2 evaluations per day, Genesys Cloud will assign 5 evaluations x 2 times per day for a total of 10 evaluations per day.
Assign evaluations by Agents — Automatically assigns the specified number of evaluations per time period for each agent listed in the matching criteria. Select the number of evaluations per time period, the time zone, evaluation form to use, and one or multiple evaluators. Genesys Cloud assigns evaluations evenly among the selected evaluators. For more information about this action, see Assign evaluations by agents.
Assign evaluations by interaction — Automatically assigns an evaluation for every matching interaction. You can specify a form and one or multiple evaluators. If multiple evaluators are specified, they will each be assigned the same set of interactions to evaluate. For example, if 20 interactions fit the policy matching criteria, Genesys Cloud will create evaluations for all 20 interactions and assign them to all of the selected evaluators in the policy.
Assign calibration evaluations — Automatically assigns a calibration evaluation for every matching interaction. You can specify a form, two or more evaluators, an expert evaluator, and a calibrator.Note:
Genesys Cloud only assigns 50 evaluations per evaluator per day, even if more interactions match one or more policies. This limit prevents policies from accidentally assigning more evaluations than an evaluator can complete.
A policy cannot assign an evaluation to interactions without a recording on the agent side of the interaction. For example, if an agent dismisses and does not reply to an email, then Genesys Cloud does not create a recording for the agent and the policy cannot create an evaluation for the interaction. However, you can still manually assign an evaluation to the interaction.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 for each media type that you want the policy to match.
- Click Save.