Purchase toll-free numbers
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
While the actual toll-free number purchase operation is a straightforward procedure, there are certain restrictions that apply to the numbers you can purchase. These restrictions are based on your AWS region.
Canada (Canada Central)
If you are in the Canada (Canada Central) region, you can see and purchase numbers in the Canada and the US. If you need a number in the Canada or the US that is not listed, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
US East (N. Virginia) / US West (Oregon) AWS region
If you are in the US East (N. Virginia) AWS region or the US West (Oregon) AWS region, you can see and purchase numbers in the US and Canada. If you need a number in the US or Canada US that is not listed, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
EU (Ireland / Frankfurt) AWS region
If you are in the EU (Ireland) AWS region or the EWU (Frankfurt) AWS region you can see and purchase numbers in these countries:
- Austria Coming soon
- Poland Coming soon
- United Kingdom
If you need a number in one of these countries that is not listed, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
As you purchase your toll-free numbers, keep the following points in mind:
- If you do not complete the entire purchase process within a four-hour time frame, then PureCloud releases the numbers that you selected back to the pool of available numbers.
- When purchasing numbers in EMEA, allow two business days for number activation. Note: If your numbers are not activated within two business days, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com and request a status update. Be sure to provide your Org ID, name, and countries you were trying to purchase.
- To comply with the terms and conditions, you must select an emergency services and billing location. Emergency services personnel rely on this information to determine the location of a caller who requests emergency assistance. Your emergency services and billing location must be a valid location in the same country as the phone numbers that you purchase. When you complete the purchase process, PureCloud associates the phone numbers that you purchase with this location.
To purchase toll-free numbers:
- Click Admin.
- Under PureCloud Voice, click Number Management.
- Click Purchase Number.
- From the Number Type list, select Toll-Free.
- From the Country list, select your country.
- In the Prefix box, type the three-digit prefix of the toll-free numbers that you want. This three-digit prefix must be available in the Country that you select.
- Canada and United States: To search for toll-free numbers, type a 3-digit prefix (For example, 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877, or 888). Do not include the country code.
- United Kingdom: To search for toll-free numbers, type a 1–5 digit prefix. Do not include the country code. For example, to search for +448000148213, search for ‘8’, ’80’, ‘800’, ‘8000’, or ‘80001’.
- Click Search. PureCloud displays a list of telephone numbers that match your criteria.
- If there are no matching numbers, a message appears in the upper right portion of the page that provides additional information.
- Select the numbers that you want.
- To select all of the matching numbers, select the check box next to the Number heading. Alternatively, select the check box next to each individual number that you want.
- Click Complete Purchase.
- The next step depends on the location of the numbers:
- For Canada or the United States, select restrictions for toll-free numbers. Next to a number that you want to restrict, from the Restrict to Calls From list, select the appropriate restriction.
- Specify the emergency services and billing location:
- To select an existing location, select it from the Location list and then click Confirm.
- If you have the admin role or a role that contains the directory:location:add permission, you can create a new location by clicking create a location.
- In the Add Location dialog box, type the address information. Then click Save and Confirm. If PureCloud verifies the address, an indicator appears.