Purchase DID numbers
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
While the actual DID number purchase operation is a straightforward procedure, there are certain restrictions that apply to the numbers you can purchase. These restrictions are based on your AWS region.
US East (N. Virginia) AWS region
If you are in the US East (N. Virginia) AWS region (United States and Canada), you can see and purchase numbers in the US and Canada. If you need a number in the US or Canada that is not listed, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
EU (Ireland/Frankfurt) AWS region
If you are in the EU (Ireland/Frankfurt) AWS region you can see and purchase numbers in these countries:
- Austria Coming soon
- Norway Coming soon
- Poland Coming soon
- United Kingdom
If you need a number in one of these countries that is not listed, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
As you purchase your DID numbers, keep the following points in mind:
- If you do not complete the entire purchase process within a four-hour time frame, then PureCloud releases the numbers that you selected back to the pool of available numbers.
- When purchasing numbers in EMEA, allow two business days for number activation. Note: If your numbers are not activated within two business days, send an email to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com. and request a status update. Be sure to provide your Org ID, name, and countries you were trying to purchase.
- To comply with the terms and conditions, you must select an emergency services and billing location. Emergency services personnel rely on this information to determine the location of a caller who requests emergency assistance. Your emergency services and billing location must be a valid location in the same country as the phone numbers that you purchase. When you complete the purchase process, PureCloud associates the phone numbers that you purchase with this location.
To purchase DID numbers:
- Click Admin.
- Under PureCloud Voice, click Number Management.
- Click Purchase Number.
- From the Number Type list, select DID.
- From the Country list, select your country.
- Use the boxes that appear to search for the number you want. For example:
- If you want to find all available numbers in the United States for the 317 area code that start with the number 253, in the Country list, select United States. In the Area code box, type 317. Under Number, click Contains and type 253.
- If you want to find all available numbers in the United Kingdom that begin with the prefix 22, in the Country list select United Kingdom. Then in the Prefix box type 22.
- To find numbers that have a specific prefix, do not select a location. Instead, type the first six- or seven digits in the Number box.
- Canada and United States only: To find all numbers within a local calling area, under Location, select City, Province (Canada) or City, State (United States). In the box, type the location. Type the complete city name and the 2-digit province or state code. For example, Indianapolis, IN. Select the LCA check box.
Note: Type only numerals. Do not add formatting such as dashes, periods, or spaces. When searching for numbers, do not include the country code in the prefix.
- Click Search. PureCloud displays a list of telephone numbers that match your criteria.
- If there are no matching numbers, an message appears in the upper right portion of the page that provides additional information.
- Select the numbers that you want.
- To select all of the matching numbers, select the check box next to the Number heading. Alternatively, select the check box next to each individual number that you want.
- Click Complete Purchase.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Specify the emergency services and billing location:
- If the location you want exists, select it from the Location list and then click Confirm.
- If the location is new, click create a location.
- In the Add Location dialog box, type the address information. Then click Save and Confirm. If PureCloud verifies the address, an indicator appears.