Record a prompt from your browser
If you have a microphone installed on your computer or device, you can record a prompt from your browser in .wav format. You can add new user prompts, and you can override the default resources for the languages of system prompts.
- Firefox: two versions and 1 ESR release previous to the current release
- Chrome: two versions previous to the current release
Firefox and Chrome update automatically. Versions of Firefox and Chrome are only an issue if IT restrictions prevent automatic updates. At the time of this release, Genesys Cloud Architect does not support recording prompts from Internet Explorer.
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Prompts menu and select System or User.
- Do one of the following to open the Edit Prompt dialog box:
- Create a new user prompt.
- Select the check box next to the prompt for which you want to add audio and click the Edit button.
- Click the prompt in the Name column.
- In the Language Resources area of the Edit Prompt dialog box, locate the language in which you want to add audio and select Add Audio.
- From the menu that appears, select Record from browser. The Record Audio dialog box opens, asking you to accept the request at the top of the browser to use the microphone.
- At the top of the browser, click Allow.Note: If you select Deny, a camera icon appears in your browser’s address bar. To record from the browser, click the camera icon, grant appropriate permission to use the microphone, and refresh the page. Depending on whether your application is hosted behind HTTPS or not, you may need to complete this step once or each time you record a prompt.
- In the Record Audio dialog box, click Start Recording.
- Record your prompt.
- When you complete the recording, click the Stop Recording button. Play and Download recording options become available.
- Do one of the following:
- To download the recording to your computer or device, click the Download recording link and save the file to the desired location.
- To playback the recording, click the play button.
- To rerecord the audio, click Cancel and repeat Steps 6 through 8.
- Click Upload to save the recording, and in the Edit Prompt dialog box click OK to return to the appropriate prompts tab.