Pick up an interaction
The client can receive call interactions (as direct calls, ACD calls, and conference calls), chat interactions (as ACD chats), email interactions (as ACD emails), message interactions (as ACD messages), and voicemail interactions (as ACD voicemails).
When you receive an interaction, the client rings. Also, both the Pickup icon in the call controls and the alert bar across the bottom of the client window becomes active.
To receive ACD interactions, set your status to On Queue.
You can pick up or handle an incoming interaction several ways.
- For call interactions, if you use a physical phone and are not connected to another call, pick up your telephone handset.
- Click Pickup in the call controls.
- Click Pickup on the incoming alert bar.
If you dismiss the alert bar, you can still pick up the interaction using the call controls.
- Double-click the interaction.
- To decline the interaction without answering, click Disconnect.
Declined interactions reenter the queue.
If you miss an ACD interaction, then the client prompts you to go back to the On Queue status or return to the Available (non-ACD) status by going Off Queue.
For more information, see Call controls.
For more information about the integrations, see About the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, About Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework, About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, and About Genesys Cloud for Zendesk.