Pick up an interaction
The client can receive call interactions (as direct calls, ACD calls, and conference calls), chat interactions (as ACD chats), email interactions (as ACD emails), message interactions (as ACD messages), and voicemail interactions (as ACD voicemails).
When you receive an interaction, the client rings. Also, both the Pick Up icon in the call controls and the alert bar across the bottom of the client window becomes active. If you configured system notifications, then you receive a notification about the alerting interaction.
To receive ACD interactions, set your status to On Queue.
You can pick up or handle an incoming interaction several ways.
- For call interactions, if you use a physical phone and are not connected to another call, then pick up your telephone handset.
- Click Pick Up in the call controls.
- Click Pick Up on the incoming alert bar.
If you dismiss the alert bar, you can still pick up the interaction using the call controls.
- Double-click the interaction in the client.
- For Chrome and Edge browser users, if you configured system notifications, then click More and Pick Up on the notification about the alerting interaction.
You can decline an interaction without answering it. Click Disconnect in the call controls. Chrome and Edge browser users can also click More and Disconnect on the notification about the alerting interaction. Declined ACD interactions reenter the queue.
If you miss an ACD interaction, then the client prompts you to go back to the On Queue status or return to the Available (non-ACD) status by going Off Queue.
For more information about the integrations, see About the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, About Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework, About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, and About Genesys Cloud for Zendesk.