Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Switzerland
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Switzerland.
- Geographic numbers can be assigned only if the enterprise is physically located within the area associated with the number. These numbers are based on city area codes. For example, an enterprise located in Zurich would have numbers with that city area code: (+41-43-XXX-XXXX). Numbers are not available in all cities. Availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management interface, which allows you to purchase DID and toll-free numbers, provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area.
- For geographic numbers, the customer must provide a corresponding address in the Switzerland for number activation.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Switzerland start with prefix (0800). A domestic toll-free number does not require an address for activation. These numbers can only be called within Switzerland from landlines and mobile phones. Note that there is a regulatory process requirement for obtaining domestic toll-free numbers in Switzerland . The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation.
- Customers must provide their Switzerland VAT number at time of number purchase.
- You can port certain geographic and domestic toll-free numbers. However, the portability of your numbers depends on which carriers Genesys Cloud supports in Switzerland. Also, carriers require specific documents for number porting.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For information on other countries, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.