Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Germany
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Germany.
- Geographic numbers can be assigned only if the enterprise is physically located within the area associated with the number. These numbers are based on city area codes. For example, an enterprise located in Munich would have numbers with that city area code: (+49-89-XXX-XXXX). Numbers are not available in all cities. Availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management interface, which allows you to purchase DID and toll-free numbers, provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area.
- For geographic numbers, the customer must provide a corresponding German address for number activation. German regulations require one of the following forms of identification as acceptable proof of address:
- Excerpt from the commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug) showing local address
- Trade license (Gewerbeanmeldung) showing local address
- Excerpt from the business registration (Bescheinigung der Gewerbeanzeige)
- Business Taxation document supplied by a local authority (government, state, or municipality)
- The customer purchasing the geographic numbers must also present a valid government issued ID. German regulations require one of the following forms of identification as valid government issued ID.
- National ID Card
- Driving Licence ID Card
Note: The ID must be of the representative named on the business registration or the ID of an authorized representative along with a document linking the authorized representative to the business.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Germany start with prefix (0800). A domestic toll-free number does not require an address for activation. These numbers can only be called within Germany from landlines and mobile phones. Note that there is a regulatory process requirement for obtaining domestic toll-free numbers in Germany. The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation.
- You can port certain geographic and domestic toll-free numbers. However, the portability of your numbers depends on which carriers Genesys Cloud supports in Germany. Also, carriers require specific documents for number porting.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
Note: If you are self-employed (Gewerbetreibender) or a freelancer (Freiberufler), please contact Genesys Cloud Voice support for additional guidance.
For information on other countries, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.