Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for France
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in France.
- Geographic numbers can be assigned only if the enterprise is physically located within the area associated with the number. These numbers are based on city area codes. For example, an enterprise located in Paris would have numbers with that city area code: (+33-1-XX-XX-XX-XX). Numbers are not available in all cities. Availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management interface, which allows you to purchase DID and toll-free numbers, provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area.
- For geographic numbers, the customer must provide a corresponding address in France for number activation. The address must be located in the département for which the number is requested. For example, if Paris is requested, Hauts-de-Seine or another corresponding département needs to be provided. Furthermore, French regulations require one of the following forms of identification as acceptable proof of address:
- Excerpt from company book or registration showing matching address
- Utility bill
- Tax notice
- Rent receipt
- Title deed
- Domestic toll-free numbers in France start with prefix (0805). A domestic toll-free number does not require an address for activation. These numbers can only be called within France from landlines and mobile phones.
- Customers must provide their France VAT number at time of number purchase.
- Porting numbers in France depends on specific carrier agreements and is not guaranteed. If you are not sure, you can submit the list of numbers to the appropriate porting team for verification prior to requesting a port. For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice support.
- Due to French regulations, only French numbers purchased through GCV can support CLI on calls originating outside of France.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.