Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for South Africa
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in South Africa.
- Any company located inside of South Africa can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in South Africa. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered outside of South Africa.
- Geographic numbers are based on city area codes. For example, a South Africa area number (+27XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Toll-free numbers in South Africa start with prefix (+27800). These numbers can only be called within South Africa from landlines and mobile phones (not reachable when calling from outside the country). The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- For geographical numbers, the location of the end user (address of business) must be within the relevant geographic zone.
- Reachability issues have been seen when dialling geographic numbers from outside South Africa.
- Outbound calling to short codes and premium rate numbers is not supported.
Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) except Toll-free. However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.