Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for New Zealand
Certain activation requirements and service restrictions apply to Genesys Cloud Voice use in New Zealand.
- Any company located inside of New Zealand can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in New Zealand. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered outside of New Zealand.
- Geographic numbers are based on city area codes. For example, a New Zealand area number is (+64-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in New Zealand start with prefix (+64800). A domestic toll-free number can be purchased by a company registered outside of New Zealand. These numbers can only be called within New Zealand from landlines and mobile phones (not accessible from payphones or other free phones). The quantity of numbers per order is limited and can take a few days to weeks to complete order processing and activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- Reachability issues have been reported for international calls to numbers with 07 and 09 area code.
- The performance of the Emergency calls will not meet the service standards of the “Code Standard Voice Service”. Users will have to provide their locations to the call operator when this information is not available to emergency service organizations.
- Outbound calling to premium numbers and short codes is not supported.
Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) other than Toll-free. However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.