Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Japan
Certain activation requirements and service restrictions apply to Genesys Cloud Voice use in Japan.
- Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased by or assigned to companies registered outside of Japan. The business address must be within the locality or region covered by the phone number’s prefix. Additional documentation is required along with proof of identity and address documents.
- Geographic numbers are based on fixed and mobile codes. For example, a Japan area number (+81-XX-XXXXXX) is a fixed number. Availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Japan start with prefix (+81800 and +81120). A domestic toll-free number requirse an address and company registration details for activation and can only be purchased by a company registered outside of Japan, additional documentation applies. The quantity of numbers per order is limited and can take a few days to weeks to complete order processing and activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- Outbound calling service is available for calls made from numbers obtained through Genesys; outbound calls originating from other numbers are not supported.
- Outbound calling to free-phone, premium numbers, Emergency services, short codes is not supported.
- National calling is only supported from Tokyo Geographic numbers.
Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) other than Toll-free. However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.