Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Italy
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Italy.
- Any company located inside Italy can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in Italy. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered outside Italy. Additional address and identity verification documents are required for purchase.
- Geographic numbers are based on city area codes. For example, an Italian area number (+39-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Toll-free numbers in Italy start with the prefix (+39800). The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- For geographical numbers, the location of the end user (address of business) must be within Italy.
- Outbound calling to premium numbers, short codes, Outbound International, and Emergency services is not supported on National numbers.
- Emergency calling is only supported on geographic numbers obtained through Genesys.
- Outbound calling to Premium rate numbers and the following Short Codes is not supported – 1500,1515,1518,1522,1525,1530,1533, and 1544.
- 199 numbers are only reachable from within Italy.
- Customers or end users conducting call center activities must be notified/registered operators with the local regulator.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) except Toll-free. However, Genesys constantly evaluates customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.