Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Hong Kong
Certain activation requirements and service restrictions apply to Genesys Cloud Voice use in Hong Kong.
- Any company located inside of Hong Kong can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in Hong Kong. Additional address and identity verification documents are required for purchase.
- Geographic numbers are based on fixed and mobile codes. For example, a Hong Kong area number (+852-2XX-XXXX) is a fixed number. Availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Hong Kong start with prefix (+852800). A domestic toll-free number requires an address and company registration details for activation and can only be purchased by a company registered outside of Hong Kong. These numbers can only be called within Hong Kong from landlines and mobile phones. The quantity of numbers per order is limited and can take a few days to weeks to complete order processing and activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- Number portability is not supported.
- Outbound calling service is available for calls originating from numbers obtained through Genesys; outbound calls originating from other numbers are not supported.
- Toll-free Numbers are not allowed to be used for call-back service.
Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) other than Toll-free. However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.