Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Australia
Certain activation requirements and service restrictions apply to Genesys Cloud Voice use in Australia.
- Any company located inside of Australia can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in Australia. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered outside of Australia.
- Geographic numbers are based on city area codes. For example, an Australian area number is (+61-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Toll-free numbers in Australia begin with prefix (+611800/+611300). A domestic toll-free number can be purchased by a company registered outside of Australia. These numbers can only be called within Australia from landlines and mobile phones (calling from mobile phone is not free of charge). The quantity of numbers per order is limited and can take a few days to weeks to complete order processing and activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- For geographical numbers, the location of the end user (place of residence/business) must be within the relevant geographic zone.
- Number portability is not supported when the location from which geographic number is being used is different from the charging district.
- Outbound calling and Emergency calling is not supported on Toll-free.
Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN) other than Toll-free. However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.
For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice global coverage requirements and restrictions.