Create a web survey policy
Use policies to send surveys after an interaction. Determine which type of interactions trigger a survey invite and how many invitations to send.
- Click Admin.
- Under Quality, click Policies.
- Click Create New Policy.
- In Policy Name, enter a name for the policy.
- In Description, enter a description of the policy. For example, survey policy for billing interactions between.
- Click a media type tab.
- For each media type, assign one or more Matching Criteria. For more information about matching criteria, see Create a policy. Notes:
- Genesys Cloud does not allow policies with overlapping matching criteria to send multiple surveys for a single interaction. When an interaction matches more than one policy, one of the policies send a survey, and the other policies show an error. Best practice recommends making criteria specific enough that policies with survey actions do not overlap.
- The last agent and queue in the interaction determine if the interaction matches the criteria for the policy.
- The policy sends the survey invitation to the most recent customer participant in the interaction.
- In the Actions to Perform section, assign the following actions for interactions that match the criteria:
- Recording Retention—Specifies whether to retain or delete a recording. To send survey invitations, you must retain interaction recordings.Note: Call recording requires that Line Recording is enabled on the SIP trunk. Contact your telephony administrator and refer them to the Enable Line Recording procedure.
- Send web surveys—Automatically sends out a survey invitation. You can specify the following information:
- Survey form: Select which published form to use. Genesys Cloud automatically uses the most recent version of the form. For more information about survey forms, see Create a web survey form.
- Flow: Select which survey invite flow to use. For more information about survey flows, see Navigate a survey invite flow.
- Invitation Sending User: (Optional) Set the user name for the from email address for the survey invitation. A user name that identifies your company helps the customer recognize who the email is from and increases the response rate. For example, you could enter a name such as CompanyNameSupport or CompanyCustomerSevice.
- Invitation Sending Domain: Select the second part of the from email address for the survey invitation. For more information about setting up email domains, see Manage ACD routing.
- Invitations: Select how many invitations to send to the customer. Invitations sent after the first invitation are considered reminders.
- Period (Days): Appears as an option if you select more than one invitation. Select how long to wait before sending a reminder. You can set reminders to send up to 90 days after the initial invitation. For example, if you want to send two reminders, you can set the period for up to 45 days because two reminders multiplied by 45 days equals 90 days total. Genesys Cloud then sends 3 invitations total: the first invitation, the first reminder 45 days later, and the second reminder 45 days after the first reminder.
Note: A survey can only be replied to up to 90 days after it is created, after which it expires.
- Recording Retention—Specifies whether to retain or delete a recording. To send survey invitations, you must retain interaction recordings.
- Optionally, assign more actions to perform for interactions that match the criteria. For more information about the other actions, see Create a recording policy.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 for each media type that you want the policy to match.
- To enable the policy, click Save. For more information about disabling the policy, see Disable a policy.