Series: Manage alerts
Create an alert rule
You can create alert rules that notify you when a metric enters or leaves a defined range. You can apply alert rules to agents or queues. Depending on your organization, select from the legacy or real-time alert system.
To create an alert rule:
- Click Alerts.
- Click Rules.
- Click Create New.
- Add a title for the rule.
- Under Alert Conditions, do the following:
- From the Alert Type list, select Agent or Queue.
- Select the agent or queue to which to apply the rule.
- Under Alert Rule(s), perform one of these steps:
- Select the agent or queue variable for the threshold metrics.
- Define the metrics that trigger the alert for this variable. For more information about agents, queues, and user presence metrics, see Legacy agent, queue, and user presence metrics.
- Under Users to Notify, begin typing the name of the person to notify when the alert rule enters an alerting state. Note: Specify at least one user. By default, your name appears here.
- To specify more users, repeat step 7.
- To send the alerts as text notifications, enable the SMS check box.
- To send email notifications to the selected users when the alert rule enters an alerting state, enable the Email check box.
The alerts you set on this page are specific to you and do not appear at the organizational level.
To create an alert rule, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Performance > Workspace > Other > Alert Rules.
- In the Alert Rules workspace, click Add .
- In the Add New Alert Rule side bar, perform these steps:
- In the Name field, enter the rule name.
- In the Type list, select the required rule type:
- To set conversation rules, select the conversation metric rule.
- To set user-specific rules, select the presence metric rule. Note: You cannot change the rule type past this section.
- Click Add. The Configure Alert Rule page opens. The rule name and the rule type details are displayed in the top section of the screen.
- In the Definition section, do the following:
- In the Type list, select the required type:
- To send out alerts when all conditions are met, select and.
- To send out alerts when either all or few conditions are met, select or.
- Select the required definition type:
- To set an alert by user, select User.
- To set an alert by queue, select Queue.
- To set an alert for any user within a work team, select Work Team.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the work team alert to take effect after you add or remove a user to or from the work team.
- Depending on your selection in the preceding field, type the name or perform a search for the user or queue by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
- Select the required media type.
- Select the required user or queue metric. For more information about agents, queues, and user presence metrics, see Real time agent, queue, and user presence metrics.
- Select the required condition.
- Enter the threshold number in seconds. If you have selected hold as the value in step e, then this field indicates the number of counts you want to be on hold.
- In the Type list, select the required type:
- (Optional) Click Add condition set to set out a combination of conditions to the alert rule. You can have two or multiple sets of combinations of conditions. Use the Remove button to remove the condition at any point. Note: You can set up to 50 entities per rule when defining a condition set. Alert rules, based on conditions for single conversation metrics or presence status duration, trigger at the moment any conversation or specific agent meets the preset condition. You can set only one condition for an alert rule, so you do not see Add Condition or Add Condition Set options.
- In the Notifications section, do the following:
- In the Send SMS to field, enter single or multiple names of users to send SMS alerts.
- In the Send email to field, enter single or multiple email addresses of users to send email alerts. Note: You can use the magnifying glass icon to perform a search for the names of the users. The group messaging or texting option is unavailable and you have to manually enter each name to assign a group alert. The numbers and email addresses of users are stored in the database and used automatically when you enter the user name. To configure email and SMS contact information, see Set your contact options.
- In the When this alert triggers, how often, in minutes, should notifications be sent? field, enter the number to indicate the time interval in which the alerts trigger.
- To send an alert notification when the alert condition is no longer met, select Send notification when exiting alarm check box.
- Click Save.