Create campaign rules
The following permissions:
- Outbound > Campaignrule > Add
- Outbound > Campaignrule > Delete
- Outbound > Campaignrule > Edit
- Outbound > Campaignrule > View
- Outbound > Campaign > Search
- Outbound > Campaignsequence > View
- Click Admin.
- Under Outbound, click Rule Management.
- Click the Campaign Rules tab.
- Click Create New.
- Type a descriptive name for the rule in the Campaign Rule Name box.
- Click the Campaigns to Run Conditions ON box. Select a campaign.
- Repeat the previous step to select other campaigns.
- (Optional) Click the Sequences to Run Conditions ON box. Select a sequence.
- Repeat the previous step to select other sequences.
Select a Type of condition for the rule to evaluate.
Campaign Agent Count—bases the rule condition on the number of active agents. If you select this option, you are prompted to select a comparison operator, and to supply a numeric value. For example, a rule might check to see if the current number of campaign agents is less than 5.
Campaign Progress—bases the rule condition on the Campaign Progress Percentage. If you select this option, you are prompted to specify a percentage (from 1 to 100) and a comparison operator. For example, a rule might check to see if campaign progress percentage is greater than 80%.
The calculation of percentage of contacts dialed is
(current contacts processed / total contacts) x 100.
- (Optional) Click Add New Condition to add another rule condition.
- If the rule has more than 1 condition, use the Match any or All Conditions switch to select whether actions are executed if any condition is met, or only when all conditions are met. The default is All.
Under Actions, select a type of action for the rule to carry out. The available actions are:
Recycle Campaign—recycles the campaign, so that dialing starts over starting with the first contact. If you Recycle a campaign that is Off, the campaign will start at the first record when it is turned on. If a completed campaign is recycled, the recycle is unnecessary since the campaign will start at the first contact record anyway.
Select campaign(s) to recycle from the Campaigns box, or or apply this action to the current campaign by setting Use Triggering Campaign to Yes.
Set Campaign Dialing Mode—changes the dialing mode used to place calls on one or more running campaigns. You are prompted to specify the dialing mode. For more information about dialing modes, see Dialing modes. Note: Not all dialing modes are interchangeable. The allowable dialing mode changes are:
Switch From To Preview To Progressive To Power To Predictive To Agentless To External Calling Preview Progressive X Power X X X Predictive X X X Agentless External callingNote: If you select this action to change a campaign from Progressive to Predictive or Power dialing mode, make sure that you are aware of any DNC.com configuration settings that might be affected, such as G and H for wireless phones.
Select campaign(s) from the Campaigns box, or or apply this action to the current campaign by setting Use Triggering Campaign to Yes.
Set Campaign Priority—sets the importance of a campaign relative to others that are running. You are prompted to assign an integer between 1 and 5 inclusive. This setting helps outbound dialing determine how many calls to place for each campaign for each agent.
Select campaign(s) from the Campaigns box, or apply this action to the current campaign by setting Use Triggering Campaign to Yes.
Turn Campaign Off—halts outbound dialing for campaigns you select, or for the current campaign if you set Use Triggering Campaign to Yes.
- Turn Campaign On—starts outbound dialing for campaigns you select, or for the current campaign if you set Use Triggering Campaign to Yes.
- Turn Sequence Off—halts outbound dialing for each current campaign in selected sequences. Afterward no dialing is performed for those sequences, since all of their campaigns are off.
- Turn Sequence On—Starts sequence(s) of chained campaigns. The next campaign in each sequence will start dialing immediately when the previous campaign has attempted to dial all its contacts. If a sequence previously completed, the first campaign in the sequence is activated. Otherwise, the sequence attempts to resume the previously active campaign at its last location in the contact list.
- (Optional) Click Add New Action to add another action.
- Click Save. The rule is added to the Campaign rules view.
To have effect, a campaign rule must be turned on by setting its switch in the Campaign rules view. Locate the new rule in the Campaign rules view. Then set its Status to On.
Note: If a campaign rule had its corresponding campaign deleted, and an attempt is made to re-enable that campaign rule, a toast message appears to indicate that the campaign no longer exists. The message is: