Configure an open messaging integration
- Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 3, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on license
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- An active account with your preferred messaging service or proprietary messaging platform
- Your middleware that translates the open messaging into the preferred format of the recipient message service or platform
Open messaging consists of an API with webhooks. Configuring an open messaging integration is the first step to get started with open messaging.
To configure an open messaging integration:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- Click Add Platform.
- Click Add in the Open Messaging tile. The Open Messaging page appears. Note: The status text next to the Open Messaging icon shows New.
In the Outbound Notification Webhook URL box, enter the URL at which the external service receives outbound messages (for example, messages sent with the integration through POST /api/v2/conversations/messages). This is a publicly accessible URL that accepts a POST request with the body. For more information, see Message format in the Genesys Cloud Developer Center.
Note: Do not use a custom port. Only Webhook URLs on port 443 will work.