Configure an open messaging integration
- Genesys Cloud User 3, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- An active account with your preferred messaging service or proprietary messaging platform
- Your middleware that translates the open messaging into the preferred format of the recipient message service or platform
Open messaging consists of an API with webhooks. Configuring an open messaging integration is the first step to get started with open messaging.
To configure an open messaging integration:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- Click Add Platform.
- Click Add in the Open Messaging tile. The Open Messaging page appears. Note: The status text next to the Open Messaging icon shows New.
- In the Name box, enter a name that you want to assign to your open messaging integration.
- In the Outbound Notification Webhook URL box, enter the URL at which the external service receives outbound messages (for example, messages sent with the integration through POST /api/v2/conversations/messages). This is a publicly accessible URL that accepts a POST request with the body. For more information, see Message format in the Genesys Cloud Developer Center.
- In the Outbound Notification Webhook Signature Secret Token box, enter the secret in the X-Hub-Signature-256 header generation for webhook requests sent to the outbound notification webhook URL. For the secret, you can choose any arbitrary but sufficiently random string that you want. The external service should use the secret and signature to validate the message originated from Genesys Cloud. This validation is optional but recommended. For more information about validation, see Validate webhook notifications in the Genesys Cloud Developer Center.
- Click Save.
- In the Supported Content list, select a supported content profile. If you do not select a supported content profile, the integration uses the default content profile.
- Click Save again.