Get started with open messaging
- Genesys Cloud User 3, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I
- An active account with your preferred messaging service or proprietary messaging platform.
- Your middleware that translates the open messaging into the preferred format of the recipient message service or platform.
Open messaging is a lightweight integration that facilitates messaging with third-party systems and external messaging services. Open messaging consists of an API with webhooks. To get started with open messaging:
- Configure an open messaging integration. When you configure the integration, you specify the outbound webhook URL and the secret token that open messages require for authentication on your server.
- Send and receive outbound messages. When an open message is sent, the API directs it to the outbound webhook you configure. From there, your middleware prepares the message for consumption by the third-party system or external messaging service where your customers receive the message.
- Send inbound messages. Your customers use the third-party system or external messaging service to send messages to your middleware. Your middleware uses the API to send messages to Genesys Cloud.
- Validate webhook notifications. For security purposes and to validate that your webhook notifications come from Genesys, you can validate the webhook notifications that arrive on your outbound webhook.
For more information about Open messaging, see the Genesys Cloud Developer Center.