Call analysis responses overview
The system automatically detects whether a call is answered by a live party or by an answering machine. Call analysis responses define the actions a campaign should take for each detection result. As an administrator, you can assign a response set to each campaign and configure campaigns to take different result actions.
For non-preview campaigns, on the call analysis responses page, define the actions that Genesys Cloud Edge must take based on call analysis results. For example, you can configure Edge for the following scenarios:
- Remove all the call analysis steps after the call connects.
- Hang up when call analysis detects that an answering machine is answered instead of a live person.
To configure the call analysis response feature, define a call analysis response entry. Then, assign the call analysis response to a campaign. When you start the campaign, the system sends its response table to Edge and communicates how to process call analysis results for that campaign. Each campaign can have its own set of call analysis response actions.
To sort this view, click the Name column. The caret in the Name heading indicates whether the column is sorted in ascending or descending order. To filter the list, type all or part of a name in the Search box. If you don’t type any search text, then the column lists all entries.
Columns in the view
|Check boxes||Select items for processing by an action, such as edit or delete.|
|Name||Click a hyperlink to open the properties of an entry. To filter the list of entries, type all or part of a title in the Search box.|
- Create a call analysis response
- Edit a call analysis response
- Copy call analysis responses
- Delete call analysis responses
- Assign a call analysis response to a campaign
- The system automatically detects whether dialed numbers are SIT Uncallable and does not redial them.
- If outbound dialing places a call and afterward, call analysis detects special information tones indicating that the telephone number dialed is uncallable, a wrap-up code of ININ-OUTBOUND-SIT-UNCALLABLE is assigned by the system. Thereafter, that telephone number is never redialed on subsequent recycles of the contact list.
- This happens independently of any call analysis responses assigned to the campaign.
- If AMD is disabled, the system still accurately prevents around two-thirds of voicemail/answering machines from going to the live voice response action since many known default carrier messages can be identified almost immediately by way of spotting the “voiceprint”. Busy carrier announcements and tones, which typically account for about 3 percent of all calls, and faxes, are also detected and prevented from taking the live voice response action.