Automatically backfill roles with new permissions
Either of the following permissions assigned to any user role:
- Directory > Organization > Admin
- Authorization > Settings > Edit
You can choose to direct Genesys Cloud to assign permissions automatically for new features as they become available. Alternatively, you can choose to assign these permissions manually as you deem appropriate within your organization’s structure.
Automatically assigning new permissions and backfilling existing roles simplifies the process of permission assignment, eliminating the potentially labor-intensive task of a manual update for individual user roles. Manually assigning permissions enables you to maintain more granular access control over user access to features and resources.
To enable or disable automatic permission backfill, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Account Settings, click Organization Settings.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Role Backfill, do one of the following:
- To add new permissions automatically as they become available, enable the Role Backfill setting.
- To assign new permissions manually, disable the Role Backfill setting.
- Click Save.