Agentless SMS notifications
- Genesys Cloud 3 license
- Dedicated SMS number
- OAuth client credentials
- Conversation > Message > Create permission assigned to a role
The agentless SMS notifications feature is designed to allow you to send SMS notifications without involving an agent. This feature allows Genesys Cloud to send SMS notifications from backend systems automatically, based on triggered events. The agentless SMS notifications feature also allows you to send SMS notifications from an Architect flow using a data action.
For example, suppose that you want to notify your customer that you shipped a product that they ordered. If so, you can configure Genesys Cloud to send an SMS message to your customer with shipping and tracking information. Or, suppose that you want to remind your customers of upcoming appointments. You can configure Genesys Cloud to send an SMS message to your customer with appointment confirmation details, such as date, time, or location.
To configure agentless SMS notifications based on triggered events from backend systems:
- Create or use and existing OAuth client. For more information, see Create an OAuth client.
- Use your OAuth client’s credentials to generate a token. For more information, see Grant – Client Credentials.
- Use your new token to call the new Agentless API endpoint. For more information, see the Agentless SMS API and the Agentless SMS Tutorial on the Developer Center.
To configure agentless SMS notifications from an Architect flow:
- Create a data action that calls the SMS notification API. For more information, see About the Genesys Cloud data actions integration.
- Use that data action within the flow. For more information, see Use data actions in Architect for integrations.
- Format destination numbers using the E.164 format.
- Make sure to provision source numbers within the organization.
- Only send messages to numbers where you collect and store the appropriate opt-in to SMS.
- Standard SMS pricing applies to outbound SMS sent by the Agentless SMS API.