Manage your SMS long code number inventory
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II, Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
- SMS > phoneNumber > All permission
The SMS Number Inventory page provides you with a list of your SMS numbers and the tools to manage them. The column headings on the page instantly allow you to identify the number, its status, the type of number, and the purchase date.
For more information, see Messaging pricing.
The Status column shows either Active or Pending.
- Active: You can use the number to send SMS messages.
- Pending: You cannot yet use the number to send SMS messages.
If your SMS number inventory contains many numbers, use the Filter feature to narrow your display to only those numbers you want to see.
- Click Filter .
- After the Filter panel appears, select either Type or Status to narrow the display of SMS numbers.
If you decide that you no longer need a particular SMS number, you can release it.
- Choose the number or numbers that you want to release.
- To release more than one number, select the check box next to each number and click Release Numbers.
- To release a single number, hover over the row that contains the number and click Remove number from inventory that appears at the end of the row.
- When the Confirm Release dialog appears, click Yes, release.
If your SMS number inventory contains multiple numbers, you can use the Search feature to find the numbers you want to see.
- Type the number that you want to find in the search field.
- As you type, the search immediately begins processing the results.
- Do not include parenthesis, spaces, or hyphens in the number–type the number as one continuous string.
- To cancel or exit the search and clear the results, click the x in the search box.