Manage your SMS long code number inventory
- Genesys Cloud User 2, Genesys Cloud User 3, Genesys Cloud Digital Upgrade
- SMS > phoneNumber > All permission
The SMS Number Inventory page provides you with a list of your SMS numbers and the tools to manage them. The column headers on the page instantly allow you to identify the number, its status, the type of number, and the purchase date.
For more information, see ACD messaging and SMS pricing.
If your SMS number inventory contains many numbers, use the Filter feature to narrow your display to only those numbers you want to see.
- Click the funnel icon on the toolbar.
- When the Filter panel appears, select either Number Type or Status to narrow the display of SMS numbers.
If you decide that you no longer need a particular SMS number, you can release it.
- Choose the number or numbers that you want to release.
- To release more than one number, select the check box next to each number and click Release Selected.
- To release a single number, hover over the row that contains the number and click the x that appears at end of the row.
- When the Confirm Release dialog appears, click Yes, release.
Note: If you attempt to release a number currently associated to a flow, an error appears and you cannot release the number until you unassociate the flow. For more information, see Manage an inbound message route.
If your SMS Number Inventory contains multiple numbers, you can use the Search feature to find the numbers you want to see.
- Type the number you want to find in the search field.
- As you type, the search immediately begins processing the results.
- Do not include parenthesis, spaces, or hyphens in the number–type the number as one continuous string.
- To cancel or exit the search and clear the results, click the x in the search box.