Agentless WhatsApp notifications
- Genesys Cloud 3 license, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I
- An active WhatsApp Messaging integration
- OAuth client credentials
- Conversation > Message > Create permission assigned to a role
Contact your Genesys account advisor before you use this feature.
- Requires you to have a WhatsApp account and a preapproved message template. For more information, see Get an approved WhatsApp message template and Add a WhatsApp template message.
- Requires you to get and maintain opt-in permission from your customers. You must comply with WhatsApp’s policies. For more information, see the Get Opt-in for WhatsApp page on the Facebook for Developers website.
- Uses the API to create conversations that include the ACD message fee. For more information, see Messaging pricing.
The agentless WhatsApp notifications feature allows you to send WhatsApp notifications without involving an agent. This feature allows Genesys Cloud to send WhatsApp notifications from backend systems automatically, based on triggered events. The agentless WhatsApp notifications feature also allows you to send WhatsApp notifications from an Architect flow or Agent Scripting using a data action.
For example, you can use Agentless WhatsApp notifications to offer voice callers the option to connect using WhatsApp. After your IVR asks the caller for permission to contact them via WhatsApp and confirms their WhatsApp number, you can send a notification to them with the Call Data Action feature. For more information about configuring these actions, see About the Genesys Cloud data actions integration. Or, you can use the Agentless WhatsApp notifications API to start or continue conversations with your customers or internal team members. Be sure to observe WhatsApp’s opt-in policy when contacting customers proactively.
You access agentless WhatsApp notifications using a public API. For more information, see the Conversation API and Agentless messages page in the Developer Center.
To configure agentless WhatsApp notifications based on triggered events from backend systems:
- Create or use and existing OAuth client. For more information, see Create an OAuth client.
- Use your OAuth client’s credentials to generate a token. For more information, see Grant – Client Credentials.
- Use your new token to call the new Agentless API endpoint. For more information, see the Agentless SMS API and the Agentless SMS Tutorial on the Developer Center.
To configure agentless WhatsApp notifications from an Architect flow:
- Create a data action that calls the WhatsApp notification API. For more information, see About the Genesys Cloud data actions integration.
- Use that data action within the flow. For more information, see Use data actions in Architect for integrations.
- Format destination numbers using the E.164 format.
- Make sure to provision source numbers within the organization.
- Only send messages to numbers where you collect and store the appropriate opt-in to WhatsApp.
- Do not attempt to automatically send WhatsApp messages to every caller from your Architect flow. Ask permission first using a conditional branch in your IVR.
- Verify the customer’s number is active on WhatsApp before attempting to send notifications. If you send too many messages to numbers not active on WhatsApp, you may be blocked. For more information, see the Contacts page on the Facebook for Developers documentation website.
- ACD messaging pricing applies to conversations created by the Agentless WhatsApp API. For more information, see Messaging pricing.
- The Agentless WhatsApp API can send messages to a customer regardless of an existing connected WhatsApp conversation. A connected WhatsApp conversation is an active conversation between an agent and a customer. The API can create a new conversation with the customer, and the API can add a new message to an existing conversation in the disconnected state.