Add your workforce management schedule to an external calendar
- Workforce Management > Agent Schedule > Sync permission
Synchronize your workforce management schedule to an external calendar on your mobile device or a desktop client that supports the iCalendar format; for example, Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, or Outlook. You cannot edit your schedule from a mobile device or desktop client, but if a schedule change occurs in the Genesys workforce management application, the external calendar updates automatically.
Changes from the schedule do not immediately appear in the external calendar. Genesys automatically updates the calendar feed within five minutes. However, depending on the implementation of your calendar of choice, it can take longer for the external calendar to refresh the information.
Approved time off does not appear in an iCal calendar until you generate and publish the schedule.
Access your workforce management schedule
To view and work with your schedule, perform one of the following steps:
- To access your schedule from the agent activity view, click Activity > Schedule tab.
- To access your schedule from the agent dashboard:
- Click Performance > Workspace > My Performance.
- Click the Schedule tab.
- To see the most current data, click Refresh . This view does not update automatically.
For more information, see Agent activity view and Agents Schedule Detail view.
Share the workforce management schedule
To share your workforce management schedule, perform the following steps:
- From your schedule view, click Copy URL. The link copies to your computer’s Clipboard.
- To subscribe on your mobile device, and if the workforce management schedule is open on your computer, do the following:
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device’s camera and open the transfer page on your mobile browser.
- To copy the link to the mobile device’s Clipboard, click Copy on the mobile browser.Note: If the link becomes compromised, click Disable Link. This option stops schedule sharing from workforce management, but you must delete the subscription from your external calendar separately.
- Paste the copied link into to the subscription URL area of your external calendar of choice. See instructions for specific calendars below.
Add the workforce management schedule to an external calendar
Add the calendar to your application of choice.
Outlook for Windows
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the Calendar view.
- Select Open Calendar > From Internet. The New Internet Calendar Subscription dialog box opens.
- Under Enter the location of the internet calendar you want to add to Outlook, paste the workforce management schedule URL that you copied from Genesys Cloud.
- Click OK.
Upon the next Send and Receive instance, the workforce management schedule appears in your Microsoft Outlook schedule.
Outlook on the web
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the Calendar view.
- Select Add Calendar. The Add calendar dialog box opens.
- Click Subscribe from web.
- Paste the workforce management schedule URL that you copied from Genesys Cloud.
- Configure the calendar name, optional color or charm characteristics, and the Outlook calendar where you want to add the schedule.
- Click Import.
The workforce management schedule subscription appears on your other calendars. You cannot subscribe to an external calendar in Outlook for Mac, nor in the Outlook mobile app. However; after you add the subscription to your account using Outlook for Windows or the Outlook 365 web interface, you can use it in every Outlook application.
- From your mobile device’s home page, select Settings.
- (iOS 11 through 13) Select Passwords & Accounts.
- (iOS 14) Select Calendar and then select Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Under Calendars, select Add Subscribed Calendar.
- In the Server field, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Add a description.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click Fetch New Data and set up how often to refresh the subscription.
- From your Apple desktop, in the menu bar click File.
- Select New Calendar Subscription.
- In the Calendar URL field, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL.
- (Optional) Change the calendar name, color, alerts, and auto-refresh options.
Use a browser, not the desktop app, even on a mobile device. Make sure you switch to Desktop mode.
- In your browser, open Google Calendar.
- In the Other calendars section, click Add .
- Click From URL.
- In the URL of Calendar field, paste the workforce management schedule URL.
- Click Add calendar.
Your workforce management schedule calendar appears under Other calendars.
- Open the Yahoo calendar.
- Click the Manage icon.
- Select Follow Other Calendars.
- (Optional) Rename the new calendar, for example, WFM Schedule and then type or paste the workforce management schedule URL into the iCal address field.
- Optionally change the color, refresh options (manually or automatically), and reminder frequency.
- Press Continue.
- Save the new calendar.