Add your workforce management schedule to an external calendar
- Workforce Management > Agent Schedule > Sync permission
Import and synchronize your workforce management schedule to an external calendar on your mobile device or a desktop client that supports the iCal format; for example, Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, or Outlook. You cannot edit your schedule from a mobile device or desktop client, but if a schedule change occurs, the application automatically updates your schedule on the personal calendar of choice.
Copy the workforce management schedule
To copy your workforce management schedule, perform the following steps:
- In Genesys Cloud, select Performance > My Performance.
- Click the Schedule tab.
- Click the Get Link button that generates the URL to subscribe to your workforce management schedule. The Shareable Link dialog box opens.
- Click Copy Link. Notes:
- This link generates the URL that is required to subscribe to the workforce management schedule within your calendar of choice.
- If the schedule is compromised in any way, click Disable Link. This feature breaks the link between your external calendar and your workforce management schedule. However, it does not sync or modify the external calendar.
- Add the schedule to the external calendar of choice.
Add the workforce management schedule to an external calendar
Adding the calendar ensures that it appears in your application of choice. However, it does not ensure that changes that you make in the workforce management schedule appear immediately. Genesys automatically updates your external calendar every 15 minutes. Approved time-off does not appear in an iCal calendar until the schedule is generated and published.
This feature does not work on MacOShere. This known limitation means that Outlook for MacOS cannot subscribe to external URLs. Therefore, it is not possible currently to subscribe to your workforce management schedule in Outlook on a device using MacOS.
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the Calendar view.
- Select Open Calendar > From Internet. The New Internet Calendar Subscription dialog box opens.
- Under Enter the location of the internet calendar you want to add to Outlook box, paste the workforce management schedule you copied from Genesys cloud.
- Click OK.
Upon the next Send and Receive instance, the workforce management schedule appears in your Microsoft Outlook schedule.
- From your mobile device’s home screen, select Settings.
- Select Passwords & Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Under Calendars, select Add Subscribed Calendar.
- In the Server field, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- Click Fetch New Data.
- From your Apple desktop, in the menu bar click File.
- Select New Calendar Subscription.
- In the Calendar URL field, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL
- (Optional) Change the calendar name, color, alerts, and auto-refresh options.
To synchronize your workforce management schedule with a Google calendar on a mobile device, access the Google calendar from a browser, and not the mobile device application.
- In the browser of your choice, click Settings.
- Click Show More.
- In the displayed prompt, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL
- Enable Sync.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the Other calendars section, click Add .
- Click From URL.
- In the URL of Calendar field, type or paste the workforce management schedule URL.
- Click Add calendar.
Your workforce management schedule calendar appears under Other calendars.
- Open the Yahoo calendar.
- Click the Manage icon.
- Select Follow Other Calendars.
- (Optional) Rename the new calendar, for example, WFM Schedule and then type or paste the workforce management schedule URL into the iCal address field.
- Optionally change the color, refresh options (manual or automatic) and reminder frequency.
- Press Continue.
- Save the new calendar.