Add predictive routing to your organization
- Billing > Subscription > Add permission
The following video shows you the steps to start using predictive routing for the first time. The written procedure follows the video.
- Navigate to the Admin > Queues page.
- Click the Learn More link in the Predictive Routing Evaluation column header. The Optimize Routing with AI pane opens.
Note: If you previously activated predictive routing, this link reads Get Started and the following procedure is unnecessary. See Next steps (below) to proceed.
- Click Activate Predictive Routing. The predictive routing tile in AppFoundry opens.
- Click the Free Trial link. A login window opens.
Note: If you previously started using predictive routing, this link might read Purchase (if you have already used your free trial period), or Configure (if you have already activated predictive routing).
- Click to log in to the default region or change regions and then log in.
- After you log in, the initial AppFoundry window reopens. The link now reads Continue. Click Continue. The Free Trial Details window opens.
Note: If you already used your free trial, this window invites you to purchase predictive routing.
- Verify that the billing information and terms of service are correct. Billing begins after your 30-day free trial ends.
- Scroll to the bottom of the terms of service text, select the Accept the Genesys and Vendor Terms of Service check box, and then click Purchase.
- The Get Started with Predictive Routing window reminds you to assign the necessary permissions to use predictive routing. The required permissions appear below in this article. Click Open Link to proceed.
- After the permissions are in place, return to the AppFoundry Get Started with Predictive Routing window and then click Done. The Evaluate your Queues for Benefits window opens.
- Click Open Link. The Admin > Queues page opens. The link in the Predictive Routing Evaluation column now reads Get Started instead of Learn More.
Note: If you do not immediately see the Get Started link, wait five minutes and then refresh the page.
- Click Get Started. The Next steps section explains how to start a benefit assessment, how to start a comparison test, or how to activate predictive routing for all interactions on a queue.
- See Predictive routing benefit assessment for the phase of the predictive routing workflow.
- See Test predictive routing for your queues for how to compare performance using predictive routing versus standard or bullseye routing.
- See Activate predictive routing on a queue for how to route all queue interactions using predictive routing.
Add predictive routing permissions
To efficiently assign permissions to a user, add them to the membership in the Predictive Routing Admin role.
- Click Admin.
- Under People and Permissions, click Roles/Permissions.
- Scroll down to locate the Predictive Routing Admin role or use the Search filter to locate it.
- Click the name of the Predictive Routing Admin role in the list. The Role details tab opens.
- Click Change Membership. A list of users currently assigned the role opens.
- To locate a new user, enter the name in the search field above the list of assigned users. Select the check box next to their name and then click Save.
The following list includes all the permissions required to use predictive routing. For example, you might prefer to add permissions separately or need to troubleshoot assigned permissions. For general information about Genesys Cloud permissions, see Roles and permissions overview and Product, roles, and permissions list.
- Routing > Queue > Edit and View
- Routing > KeyPerformanceIndicator > View (View the list of KPIs available for selection)
- Routing > Predictor > Add, Edit, View, and Delete (Activate predictive routing on a queue; Edit predictive routing configuration; View predictive routing status information; and Disable predictive routing on a queue)
- Routing > Assessment > Add, View, and Delete (Create new benefit assessments; View benefit assessments information; Delete benefit assessments)
- Analytics > ConversationAggregate > View (View comparison test results)
Genesys Cloud customers with Genesys Cloud 1, Genesys Cloud 2, and Genesys Cloud 3 subscriptions can add predictive routing using the instructions provided in this article. If you have questions about pricing, contact your Genesys representative.
View billing data
- Go to Genesys Cloud > Admin > Subscriptions.
- Your billing information includes a line item about predictive routing in the Resources section.
- You can remove predictive routing from your organization by canceling it from this window.
Why do my billing interaction counts differ from the daily interaction counts I see on the Comparison Test pane?
- The interaction counts shown on the Billing page are updated once per day. The Comparison Test pane is updated with the latest interaction count in real-time. As a result, the number of interactions shown differs.
- Daily interaction counts on the Comparison Test pane change with the time zone set in browser. As a result, they might differ from those shown on the Billing page or in an Analytics billing report.
Billing edge cases
- You are billed if an agent calls another agent and that call waits in an inbound queue from which predictive routing assigns it to the answering agent.
- You are billed for callbacks that wait in an inbound queue after the called-back customer answers, and which predictive routing then routes to an agent.