Add an ACD skill or language to a user
- Routing > Skill > Assign permission
You can assign up to 100 skills to a single agent.
Note: Languages are separate from ACD skills. For example, when an agent speaks the language requested by the customer, Genesys Cloud selects that agent rather than an agent who is more skilled but cannot speak that language. However, an agent that cannot speak the language of the customer does not receive that interaction, regardless of ACD skill.
To add an ACD or language skill, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under People and Permissions, click People.
- In the Search field, to filter the type the first few letters of the person’s first or last name.
- Click More and from the menu that appears, click Edit ACD Skills.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Skills text box, type the name of the skill you want to add to the agent and select it from the list.
- In the Languages text box, type the name of the language you want to add to the agent and select it from the list.
- (Optional) Add a rating to the language or skill.
- Repeat steps 5–6 for each skill or language you want to add.
- Click Save.